TYPE SLOW AND LOUD IN ALL CAPS

jsharr

I refuse to help you.  You have rejected my multiple requests to learn what browser you are using, so no help for you.

However, I suspect you are using IE8.  I tried my IE8 PC at work and I get the same error you are getting, it simply posts the link.

I think you are doing it right, but the software is letting you down.

IIIIIII     DDDDDDD   OOOOOO   !!!!!!

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

You have to get the right link.  Got me the first time I tried, but figured it out quickly.

You need the youtube.com address that shows in your browser address bar (or at least it does in mine) not their shortened share one that doesn't say .com

W H A T  B R O W S E R   A R E  Y O U  U S I N G ?

I refuse to help you.  You have rejected my multiple requests to learn what browser you are using, so no help for you.

However, I suspect you are using IE8.  I tried my IE8 PC at work and I get the same error you are getting, it simply posts the link.

I think you are doing it right, but the software is letting you down.

at home  Version 29.0.1547.76 m

Google Chrome is up to date.

At work I suspect IE8 most current version, but I can use chrome.

You need the youtube.com address that shows in your browser address bar (or at least it does in mine) not their shortened share one that doesn't say .com

I got it to work last night.  I am using Chrome (same version as jsharr shows above).  I just copied and pasted in the stuff that shows up in the "Share" bar into my post like text.  I thought I had tried this and it didn't work earlier, but later last night I tried it again and it worked.  I'm not very smart.   :(

at home  Version 29.0.1547.76 m

Google Chrome is up to date.

At work I suspect IE8 most current version, but I can use chrome.

I got it to work last night.  I am using Chrome (same version as jsharr shows above).  I just copied and pasted in the stuff that shows up in the "Share" bar into my post like text.  I thought I had tried this and it didn't work earlier, but later last night I tried it again and it worked.  I'm not very smart.   :(

This issue has nothing to do with anyone's technical proficiency (or lack thereof), it's a software glitch.  From the vendor, it is working as currently designed.  There is a major software upgrade in the near future, likely before the end of the year.  We can evaluate that as an option, but they indicated that video embedding is something they are working on improving.

For now, I suggest Chrome, or what MV posted above - that looks like it kinda works.