Wed Milers.....10/19/16

Mr. Beanz

Well I headed out and figured it would get dark by the time I was done, and it did! I only hit 23rd street figuring it was dark about that heading to 24th playing it safe. Got in 12 miles with 1,012 ft gain.

I did push my self at the top knowing there was a Strava segment there. 4% for 1/2 mile. I set my own PR and so I am 116 out of 430 all time. 12 out of 78 all time over 200 pounds. This year I am 6 out of 25 in the over 200 pound category. Kind of strange but I know one the riders who says he is 200+ and I'm pretty sure he isn't that heavy at like 5 ft tall. :whistle:Hmmm, Strava people! :lol:

Kind of hard to get a good pic at 21 MPH in the dark with no hands! :P

20161019_183213.jpg

20161019_183521.jpg

• Heart 3

I like the way Strava breaks it down by age and weight. There are not very many  segments where I ride and I don't get a lot of KOMs but when I check my age and weight I'm usually the only one that age to do the segment.   I didn't ride on Wednesday, beautiful day, might be last chance for good kayaking. Kayaked a couple miles, had the whole lake to myself.

IMG_5531.JPG

IMG_5610.JPG

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

, might be last chance for good kayaking. Kayaked a couple miles, had the whole lake to myself.

IMG_5531.JPG

Wow, this looks cool! B)

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Wow, this looks cool! B)

I parked the kayak on an old railroad bed that is normally under water. The army corp of engineers uses this reservoir to control the water level in the river in Pittsburgh. They must be preparing for a lot of rain, I have only seen the water this low twice. Walking along the old bed I found a pair of tongs that had been under water for fifty years. They were used for lifting railway ties.

IMG_5284.JPG

• Heart 1