Politics and Religion

Square Wheels

Just now, Page Turner said:

...you know you would miss me.:flirtyeyess:

Without question. You are a tremendous asset to this and any forum where you participate. 1 Page is worth at least 6 Cheese. 

You could be the perfect leader of the separation. You keep P & R hopping but at the same time keep the Cafe clear. 

We have a deal favorite hippie?  :loveshower:

8 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Without question. You are a tremendous asset to this and any forum where you participate. 1 Page is worth at least 6 Cheese. 

You could be the perfect leader of the separation. You keep P & R hopping but at the same time keep the Cafe clear. 

We have a deal favorite hippie?  :loveshower:

...I would rather burn in hell than be responsible for a P+R forum on the internet.  Offer me a position as the heavy bag for Ronda Rousey, and we might have a deal.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Rubbish. 

You were given the keys to your own P & R forum with basically no rules, no obligations, no restrictions. 

Because most of the time you couldn't keep yourself entertained there, you insisted in bringing your P & R crap into the Cafe. We couldn't open an Inspiration Quote of the Day without having to be subjected to your political views. 

Leave the Cafe alone. Wheels has been too kind if anything. Talk him into reopening P & R with your promises of actually following the rules this time but leave your politics there. 

When you inevitably violate your promises again, maybe accept your suspension and inevitable bannishment this time without your fake cries of surprise. 

My goodness...I must have been living in a cave to have missed all this.

Inspiration Quote of the day has been violated.......who did this and was the violation merely mediocre or was it inspired? Whatever...your dander is certainly up and I'd love to know who are these people who are responsible for intruding politics into the Cafe unless you're determined to continue with your scatter-gun approach. Not that I don't condemn such things of course but I've already asked this question but have yet to receive an answer.

13 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Rubbish. 

You were given the keys to your own P & R forum with basically no rules, no obligations, no restrictions. 

Because most of the time you couldn't keep yourself entertained there, you insisted in bringing your P & R crap into the Cafe. We couldn't open an Inspiration Quote of the Day without having to be subjected to your political views. 

Leave the Cafe alone. Wheels has been too kind if anything. Talk him into reopening P & R with your promises of actually following the rules this time but leave your politics there. 

When you inevitably violate your promises again, maybe accept your suspension and inevitable bannishment this time without your fake cries of surprise. 

I am Wilbur and I also agree with this message.   I think the leadership here needs to come out with more strict forum rules, a meaningful penalty system for violators and then the return of P&R.  Individuals should still be respected in P&R and hate speech should be met with immediate removal of rights.  

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I am Wilbur and I also agree with this message.   I think the leadership here needs to come out with more strict forum rules, a meaningful penalty system for violators and then the return of P&R.  Individuals should still be respected in P&R and hate speech should be met with immediate removal of rights.  

Oh my....oh my....I just love it when you come over all firm and masterful....and especially when you make sense.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

No hate speech?  Does that mean we can't talk about running anymore?

• Heart 3

So it's settled.

@onbike1939 has agreed to be the liaison between our beautiful, perfect Cafe and the filthy heathens of P & R. 

Onbike, please shower before entering the Cafe for tea and pastries. Some of us here are the elite. 

Wait, this just in. All ideas, suggestions must be approved by Wilbur. 

@Wilbur, I support Onbike on this. You are too important to be spending your time in that cesspool. 

Onbike, deal?  

9 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

So it's settled.

@onbike1939 has agreed to be the liaison between our beautiful, perfect Cafe and the filthy heathens of P & R. 

Onbike, please shower before entering the Cafe for tea and pastries. Some of us here are the elite. 

@Wilbur, I support Onbike on this. Yo

1 minute ago, onbike1939 said:
25 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

So it's settled.

@Wilbur, I support Onbike on this. Yo

Well.......I'm...I'm...touched by your faith in me...sniff..and I know that I'm worthy that's true. Thing is that these P&R people don't like me much..they think I'm superior and all-knowing. I mean they're absolutely right as I am... but they really resent it and I'm sure it grates on them. Again, I'm not sure about Wilbur as since his nose job he does seem intent upon getting up everyone else's nose.....he was always so humble before his surgery. Now that I've said all of that I have to face it......who else can you think of that is up to this momentous task? Damn few if any I would answer...so after wiping my feet I'll leave P&R and do my duty. Is there any money in this do you think?

Well.......I'm...I'm...touched by your faith in me...sniff..and I know that I'm worthy that's true. Thing is that these P&R people don't like me much..they think I'm superior and all-knowing. I mean they're absolutely right as I am... but they really resent it and I'm sure it grates on them. Again, I'm not sure about Wilbur as since his nose job he does seem intent upon getting up everyone else's nose.....he was always so humble before his surgery. Now that I've said all of that I have to face it......who else can you think of that is up to this momentous task? Damn few if any I would answer...so after wiping my feet I'll leave P&R and do my duty. Is there any money in this do you think?

Maybe.  You want some lavender whiskey?

3 hours ago, dotman17 said:

I think it was 2 things.  1)  SW didn't want to monitor it, and 2) the powers to be in this forum didn't want it.  This place is a niche clique forum that talks a big game of generating new traffic but in the end it's really not that at all.

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Rubbish. 

47 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Nothing left to observe here.  Carry on.

6 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Well you certainly aren't qualified to do it Dotman and it was never your intention to actually follow the guidelines in place. 

Wait.  So this is about me?  You're really shutting down P&R because of me?  I hardly think so.  Right?  Right?!?  Because if I was causing problems here in the Cafe, I'd like to know about it.  I did talk politics once when a fucking train blew up in Portland, OR and those trains pass through the city I live in.  But honestly, I kept it all on a issue level and never bad mouthed people on their opinions.  That's only saved for the people I love in the P&R who I have history with -- and even then I was docile.  You'd be hard pressed I think to find examples or testimony by others who would say different on this site.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  I have been wrong before.  But I'd appreciate the courtesy of showing me where I'm wrong.

No P & R was not shutdown because of you, or any other one person for that matter. However, to say p & r wasn't bleeding over in the Cafe in an increasingly larger rate would be dishonest. 

I said you were unqualified, actually I could be wrong about that. I should have said it's been all there for someone to take and run with it, make it a success, but keep it away from the Cafe. 

You could be the man for the job. I think onbike has accepted but I'm not sure. When he inevitably fails, you please show us the way. Remember, I did say to you once it could be done and you were the man for the job. 

Do it, I will buy you a nice green jacket for your trips to the Cafe. Seriously, all kidding aside, you could do it and that would be pretty cool since no other forum has ever successfully merged the two sides. 

3 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Nearly eighty years of waiting and I've been offered a chance of greatness...I'm going to be catapulted to fame just as soon as I've sorted this mess and banned Dotman...which seems reasonable really. I thought it would never happen.

I think you and that Irish fella have really picked up this place.  I would suggest banning me immediately since I'm no good.  This is a matter of fact.  You can't have spoils in a place where they are already spoiled.

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Are you insinuating I am a "powers that be"?  

:skipping::cheerleader::hapydance:  Oh my gawd such authority!  ..and now to conquer the planet!!!  b783d9950435513fe9602855129dcdf9.jpg

Please. You are the Tom Brady of this forum. I supported you, went away on injury for a week, and now I sell cars in Providence Rhode Island. 

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

No P & R was not shutdown because of you, or any other one person for that matter. However, to say p & r wasn't bleeding over in the Cafe in an increasingly larger rate would be dishonest. 

I said you were unqualified, actually I could be wrong about that. I should have said it's been all there for someone to take and run with it, make it a success, but keep it away from the Cafe. 

You could be the man for the job. I think onbike has accepted but I'm not sure. When he inevitably fails, you please show us the way. Remember, I did say to you once it could be done and you were the man for the job. 

Do it, I will buy you a nice green jacket for your trips to the Cafe. Seriously, all kidding aside, you could do it and that would be pretty cool since no other forum has ever successfully merged the two sides. 

I would strongly work with the site to ensure this happens.  I have repeatedly stated and behaved for 3 years to ensure you all that I am not your enemy (and hopefully not a source of indigestion).  If onbike doesn't want it then I'd be glad to help.  But I tip my hat to the Scotsman.  He's quite qualified and he can easily be forgiven if he makes a mistake -- he's Scottish after all.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

This was my decision, and mine alone.  Yes, we are a democracy, but I'm still stuck with the fallout.  There have been many issues with P&R.  No one person is responsible for it being hidden, except me.

For now it's hidden, if a workable plan can be agreed on, it may be revived, but I am highly skeptical.

I will rise up against you and cast you from the forum. I have Wilbur, RG, and possibly dotman now. 

I am beautiful and the fairest of the Mods. Except for RR and Krazy. 

18 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

This was my decision, and mine alone.  Yes, we are a democracy, but I'm still stuck with the fallout.  There have been many issues with P&R.  No one person is responsible for it being hidden, except me.

For now it's hidden, if a workable plan can be agreed on, it may be revived, but I am highly skeptical.

If this is a democracy then you wouldn't be stuck with the fallout. I just don't understand how this could all happen and I wasn't aware of it.

The logic of the whole thing also troubles me also...you create P&R so that all posts with political content can be confined to a password protected section. However some posters intrude political content into Cafe threads which is obviously wrong and the consequence of this is that P&R is shut down. I simply don't see how this follows at all as I would have thought that the obvious thing to do would be to warn and then penalise the offenders...I don't think anyone could disagree with that.

You have a difficult job I know and here I am sitting back and criticising which is hardly fair. What you do have in your favour is that you are a transparently decent and honest person and that means you have a great deal of credibility with the members of this forum. Any other place and they would just disregard any objections without compunction.

16 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

I would strongly work with the site to ensure this happens.  I have repeatedly stated and behaved for 3 years to ensure you all that I am not your enemy (and hopefully not a source of indigestion).  If onbike doesn't want it then I'd be glad to help.  But I tip my hat to the Scotsman.  He's quite qualified and he can easily be forgiven if he makes a mistake -- he's Scottish after all.

You failed to like my reply and in a timely fashion. You are now dismissed from consideration.   

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Dotman, onbike, or both?  

I have faith. I have seen both kiss Amadeus's behind in style. Both have put me through the ringer however. 

I failed at clearing up MomCheese's kitchen sink. Talk about repercussions. :(

God knows that the spirit is willing but my increasing age and frailty forbids it.....it's tragic really. I now spend an increasing amount of my time wondering if my head complete with brain can be preserved and kept in working order. What time is left is taken up with wondering if I can last to bedtime without another change of underwear.......how the great have fallen...sigh.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

No money, but a very grateful Cafe. You are being rewarded and compensated by definition by being permitted to enter the Cafe on occasion and dine with us. Dining with Wilbur is a privilege for which most of us pay dearly. 

...screw you and the pig you rode in on.

• Heart 1

God knows that the spirit is willing but my increasing age and frailty forbids it.....it's tragic really. I now spend an increasing amount of my time wondering if my head complete with brain can be preserved and kept in working order. What time is left is taken up with wondering if I can last to bedtime without another change of underwear.......how the great have fallen...sigh.

I don't do this w/o you, bloke.