Politics and Religion

Square Wheels

40 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Nearly eighty years of waiting and I've been offered a chance of greatness...I'm going to be catapulted to fame just as soon as I've sorted this mess and banned Dotman...which seems reasonable really. I thought it would never happen.

“If this fall into thy hand, revolve. In my stars I am above thee, but be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em. Thy Fates open their hands. Let thy blood and spirit embrace them. And, to inure thyself to what thou art like to be, cast thy humble slough and appear fresh. Be opposite with a kinsman, surly with servants.

...Malvolio in Twelfth Night (reading Maria's  letter)

40 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

For now it's hidden, if a workable plan can be agreed on, it may be revived, but I am highly skeptical.

skepticism-quotes-6.jpg

This thread should be exhibit A for the genius of our Leader Wheels. 

He makes a very poor decision which pits the members against each other. Instead of fighting, we end up praising each other and for some unexplainable reason promoting and exalting onbike and dotman. 

Try that with your former 2bit forums.   :nodhead:

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

“If this fall into thy hand, revolve. In my stars I am above thee, but be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em. Thy Fates open their hands. Let thy blood and spirit embrace them. And, to inure thyself to what thou art like to be, cast thy humble slough and appear fresh. Be opposite with a kinsman, surly with servants.

...Malvolio in Twelfth Night (reading Maria's  letter)

skepticism-quotes-6.jpg

" "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt". - (Act I, Scene IV). Measure for measure.

7 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

I am trying to save the P&R only because I find it generally more interesting than the drivel posted here... although this thread is an equal. Indeed this thread demonstrates how awesome it could be.

As I am trying to save P & R so as to keep your ass there and out of the Cafe.  :nodhead:

We are in this together.   

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, onbike1939 said:

" "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt". - (Act I, Scene IV). Measure for measure.

..." Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead. " Henry V (Act III, Scene I)

OK, so you're going to hide P&R or whatever but what happens with the Cafe?

Case in point, today we had a thread about the USS Ronald Reagan sea trials which I assiduously ignored till someone posted how wonderful a Prez RR was and how he restored America's 'esteem' internationally and my resolve to not comment broke.

As I posted before, everything is political. Infatuation with the military is political, naming aircraft carriers after Presidents is political, who gets shot is political, what prime time news covers is political, the idea that politics is anti-social is political......

OK, now bring on the clowns.

1 minute ago, Caretaker said:

Yes, it can be.

And not to forget religion, true religion is about morality and ethics.

or Campy vs. SRAM.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

It is?  I thought that was just opinion.  I know people get a little fanatical but even then, I don't call it political. 

It was a joke.  ...but you better say you like Specialized around me. 

I have not read all 8 pages...but I  choose to stay out of political or religious conversations...for the most part..there might be an occasional comment...but not too often.  We have turned into a society of angry people and people who believe their way..religion or politics is the only way...Sorry folks but that ain't it...  I would hate to see all that hate and anger show up here... 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

...but you better say you like Specialized around me. 

You know Salsa is better.  Admit it... Why else would 3 of my 5 bikes be Salsa and only one Specialized.  The other is the lonely Comotion.

or Campy vs. SRAM.

SRAM but only on mountain bikes.  Shimano on road bikes or CX

8 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

You know Salsa is better.  Admit it... Why else would 3 of my 5 bikes be Salsa and only one Specialized.  The other is the lonely Comotion.

I agree with your second statement.   Always Shimano for CX.  I love my Ultegra stuff.

Salsa does make some nice bikes too.  I am not a fan of the Redpoint for a trail bike.  The frame is interesting, because it looks like they copied Specialized.  Look at it.  It looks like a cross between a camber and a stumpy.  Well, minus the ugly cables running down the frame.  Kinda looks a bit like a Santa Cruz too.  The frame is beefy like SC does.  The routing even looks similar.

The bike companies copy each other.  The FSR design is a fantastic design and it just gets better and better.  They are the leaders in that arena, IMHO.

Yes, I am on the koolaide and I love it.

2 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

I almost bought a Salsa.  I decided against it after I couldn't get the size I wanted and the gear set when the newer bikes came out.  Sounds like you like them.  I'd like to try them.

10 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Again this is why it simply will not work for you guys. Everything is not political and moreover no one wants to constantly hear your political opinions. 

If you can't make your very own P & R forum work here, leave. 

But....but......I thought it was working and it was introducing politics into the Cafe that was the problem.

I'm growing tired of the division you seem to want to create when you use expressions like "you guys". Not only is it contrary to the ethos of the forum but I find it offensive. Most of us participating in P&R also contribute in the Cafe as well.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Caretaker said:

I'm baffled and bewildered, can't help concluding P&R was tolerated while it got an average of two posts every 24 hours but once it became active it was for the chop.

The cool thing is being told after the fact -- that if you don't like it -- you can leave.  Warming to the heart.

5 hours ago, Caretaker said:

I'm baffled and bewildered, can't help concluding P&R was tolerated while it got an average of two posts every 24 hours but once it became active it was for the chop.

Just now, dotman17 said:

The cool thing is being told after the fact -- that if you don't like it -- you can leave.  Warming to the heart.

It was not a good fit for this site any longer and it was running over into the other sections.

I'd prefer no one leave, but we no longer offer an avenue to discuss politics or religion.  It rarely ends and even more rarely, ends well.

• Heart 2