Last day

Nick

This has been a pretty good place to work but it's become stagnant as far as IT goes which was a major driving factor for resigning.

A guy I worked with during my consulting days said it best, "The day I stop learning something new here is the day I quit."

• Heart 1

This has been a pretty good place to work but it's become stagnant as far as IT goes which was a major driving factor for resigning.

A guy I worked with during my consulting days said it best, "The day I stop learning something new here is the day I quit."

Great philosophy, but impractical.  If I didn't have a family to support, I would've quit my job years ago for this reason.

• Heart 1

Is it?  Learning is a choice - there is always something to learn.  You might have to look a little harder, but there is a lesson in everything.

Yes, but at this point, none of that really helps my resume and would help land another job.

• Heart 1

Try not to think of the next job, live now, enjoy now - tomorrow is an illusion.

When you are surrounded by a bunch of idiots, it's hard to enjoy today.

I'm an engineer who some how got stuck in procurement.  UGH!!!

• Heart 1

• 9 years later...
On 9/27/2013 at 10:57 AM, Square Wheels said:

Dunno, I've been here for 22+ years.  Guess I'll retire from here.  It's a good place to work.

Whelp that didn’t happen. You were planning on moving when you retired anyway. I think the move was good for you. Too bad you couldn’t take your greenhouse with you. That was a nice space.

• Heart 2