-4F at 6:00pm

sheep_herder

I wear a bacalava and wool hat with ear flaps.  I wear a wool base layer, jeans and jeans shirt, polar fleece vest, and heavy Carhartt coat.  On a day like tomorrow, I will also wear insulated overalls.  If I am out for very long, I will wear galoshes over my leather boots and wool socks.  My biggest problem is keeping my hands warm, with gloves that allow me to work.  I usually stop several times to go into the shop or porch (both heated) to warm my hands.  This may be a bigger problem due to the fact that I am diabetic.

Animals grow substantial winter coats and eat more in these conditions.  Some of ours have shelter to get out of the wind and snow, but others do not. However, all have strawed bed grounds to get them up off of the cold ground.

Anything else you want to know about my life in eastern Montana?:)

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

I hope that one who wants to come inside gets to sleep in the living room.

She will stay outside and hopefully she gets into the dog kennel. I'll check on her and express your concerns when I check on the animals and feed the lamb its supplemental bottle at midnight.

• Heart 1

I laughed at her this morning.  After posing for the photos, she went back to sleep when we returned to the house.  Later she was up very quickly, when she heard the alfalfa/grain pellets being poured into the feed pan. My wife said, "Well, she knows what is important."

• Heart 1