Freaking Gina's Family !!!

Mr. Beanz

Good thing I have one mother and one father. They know I am very punctual. Mom can drive me crazy sometimes but for the most part, they know when I say go, we're going! If not, they can expect some grief from me.

Gina is too nice and her family really sucks when it comes to planning and punctuality. At times I have changed plans to accommodate her younger son, OK, I will skip an evening ride as he asked to drop by for dinner. I ride at 5:30, he ends up calling at 7:30, can't make it after all. WTF! So then her sister comes from out of state and wants to hit up Knott's Berry Farm. Both Gin and I take a day off as she planned to drop by at 8 am so we could head out. Never called and I'm on Gina's back to call her all day. Finally at 11 she calls and her sister says she decided that morning not to go! WTF!

Gina's mom asked if she could stop by to visit on a Saturday. Fudge, that is my ride day! Gina talks me into skipping the ride so we could go out to eat when she stops by. Waiting waiting she calls about 3 pm she changed her mind! WTF!

Today, her older son plans to drive to Los Angeles to visit his aunt (other side of family) in the hospital. He asks Gina if she wants to go, sure! Gina takes the day off, calls in sick. I asked about their plan. He told her they would leave by 12 noon. Umm, I guess she won't be home for dinner, maybe maybe not! I get home and she is still here. What happened? She is still waiting! I was asked if I wanted to go along. Seeing there was no plan last night, HELL NO!

He never called after I suggested several times she ask for a definite plan last night. She tried to call him all day and he didn't answer so she was sitting at home all day. Finally he calls about noon and says he has to take his son to the DMV to take a written driver's test before they can go. WTF!

I get home and she is still here waiting! Holy crap, by the time they hit the freeway, it will be rush hour. Heading back home will be a really crowded freeway leaving Los Angeles (30 mile drive) figure a 2 hour drive to make the 30. Gina could have gone to work like she wanted and still made the visit. I told her last night to find out what exactly was going on before she wasted one of her sick days. She still has faith in these fools!

I guess I'll see her sometime tomorrow when she gets home.

Her whole freaking family is the same. Over the years, I have just learned to say NO! Mom is coming to visit, do you want to skip the ride and wait for her to show up? NO! 

She shows up 3% of the time and when she does, it's usually 5 hours after the scheduled time. :angry:

27 minutes ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

Don't they know not to eff with a man and his bike rides?  Idiots!

Exactly! :angry:

Then when they want something, they want it right now after a bike ride. I once just finished a 50 miler. Got home and sat down to eat lunch. Got a call asking if I could help by picking up a pool table they had just bought used. Uh when, tomorrow? Later?

No, it has to be right now, right now cause they have it sitting on the curb from the place they bought it. Ever try carrying slabs of marble  and a big wooden frame right after a 50 mile ride? No consideration for the bike! :huh:

Well..you either live with it...or you  make changes..so far it sounds like you have lived with it.

They are coming to dinner...dinner is at 6 pm...if they aren't there by 6:15..eat (unless they call and have a good excuse)..put leftovers away, they show up late..either give them cold leftovers or give them a list of places that deliver (do not pay for their meal)

Meeting them somewhere for dinner...same thing...give them those 15 minutes and then either go somewhere else or eat without them.

You are picking me up to go somewhere and I am taking a day off to participate.....At most I would give them an hour and then I would go by myself or I would go and do something else.

My time is just as important as yours...don't keep effin with me....It is one thing if it is a real emergency or a real delay...but this no call no show change your mind shit...forget it...

• Heart 2

Yeah, I learned to deal with it. I say, "Gina, you can't expect me to deal with this crap and I know you don't expect me to change my plans for them!". She understands so we can deal with it! :D

I don't know how people can be this way really! Out of her mother, her 3 sisters and her 3 brothers, they are all like that except one sister who is much like Gina, very punctual and considerate.

That's 6 sucky people out of 8, not good! :blink: 

• Heart 2

Wow... I'd be furious if a family member did that to me.  I have a sister that is habitually late so whenever we meet for dinner or breakfast I always tell her to the meet up time is 30 minutes earlier.  She got wise though but we're talking 20 to 30 minutes...  Actually last weekend we met for her Bday and she was on time.   I have two cousins who are my fishing/riding buddies.  There is a line in "A River Runs Through It" where they say two things we are never late for in Montana, Church and Fishing...  We're kind of the same way.  We have enough respect for each other that we never flake out or arrive late for a meet up.  We are also always prepared so we don't need to bum equipment off each other either.  

• Heart 1

My Boss has his own time...rarely on schedule....his poor wife!!  The once showed up to a wedding...went to a side door thinking they could sneak in the back..nope up front... All these years and lots of different tricks that she has tried...rarely work At work, he is usually a few minutes late for board meetings...but if he calls or e-mails and says he will be there at 1...we are lucky if he shows by noon.

His son who is taking over the business said his wife re-trained him when they married...I guess he is more timely...I shall find out soon the son is filling in for the father then next couple of months!!

• Heart 1

I showed up an hour late to take my wife canoeing when we were dating. I was thinking I said around noon and got there at one, she was not happy.  Over the forty one years we have been married we have both adjusted our expectations and cell phones and text messages really help. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I showed up an hour late to take my wife canoeing when we were dating. I was thinking I said around noon and got there at one, she was not happy.  Over the forty one years we have been married we have both adjusted our expectations and cell phones and text messages really help. 

......and she still married you??? :D :lol:

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

She pursued me until I caught her.

:lol:   Same with Gina. I asked her out, I really liked her but wanted to go to dinner first to see how we would get along. After dinner she asked me why I wanted a girlfriend like her ? :o

I tease her and tell her I never wanted a girlfriend, just needed somebody to go out for dinner ha ha! :lol:

I got that one on her and never let her forget it when she gets mad at me!  Hey, you picked me! :P

• Heart 2

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My wife used me when we first met.  There was some creepy guy who was pursuing her so she looked for the biggest, scariest guy she could find and stuck to him like glue to keep that guy away.  It kept that guy away but it backfired, she has been stuck with me for over forty years.:hapydance:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, 2Far said:

When Wo2 asks when we need to leave, I tell her "out the driveway at ..."

This eliminates the find coat, different shoes / earrings / purse, water bottle time stretch after the initial "I'm ready" pronouncement.

I had a similar line with my kids. I'd tell them the bus is leaving at 8 am.  At 8 am I was pulling out the garage.  If they didn't pack a lunch, couldn't find their homework tough.... 

• Heart 1

When we spent the week visiting family between Christmas and New Year's (and knowing how things worked out in the past) we tried to plan the next day's activities to the minute. "LEAVE THE HOUSE at 8 am, get breakfast around 9 am, go shopping, lunch at noon, etc, etc, etc".  But by noon, when everyone finally crawls out of bed, I'm the one being difficult because I've already had toast for breakfast and I dont want breakfast for lunch. Then late in the week, when I finally ask politely that I no longer be included in any plans (why bother) I'm the grumpy old guy who doesn't want to do anything but hang out with the dogs. ;)

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Caretaker said:

I think we need to get the family's side of this story.

Maybe manana we can welcome some of them to SW.

Sheesh, they won't show up till Monday! :lol:

• Heart 3

4 hours ago, 2Far said:

When Wo2 asks when we need to leave, I tell her "out the driveway at ..."

This eliminates the find coat, different shoes / earrings / purse, water bottle time stretch after the initial "I'm ready" pronouncement.

I do that with Gina and she is always on time. :wub:

Her family says, "we'll be there somewhere around 19 0 or 12, then shows up at 3...........IF IF IF they show up! I don't wait anymore. :speedy:

4 hours ago, team scooter said:

When we spent the week visiting family between Christmas and New Year's (and knowing how things worked out in the past) we tried to plan the next day's activities to the minute. "LEAVE THE HOUSE at 8 am, get breakfast around 9 am, go shopping, lunch at noon, etc, etc, etc".  But by noon, when everyone finally crawls out of bed, I'm the one being difficult because I've already had toast for breakfast and I dont want breakfast for lunch. Then late in the week, when I finally ask politely that I no longer be included in any plans (why bother) I'm the grumpy old guy who doesn't want to do anything but hang out with the dogs. ;)

Gina and I are empty nesters so no problem here.

But her family thinks I am the grumpy guy too. Yeah I am grumpy cause they made me that way. :dontknow:

They ask if I want to go out for lunch. Sure, what time? Uhh I dunno, we'll be there anywhere between 11 and 2. Uhh no thanks, I'll go ride my bike. If I wait around, I'll do nothing and then they call at 3 and say they can't make it after all! 85% of the time! :angry: