When is a band no longer a band?

Square Wheels

So, AC/DC may not be for you, but there is only one member left, arguably the most important, Angus Young.  But they seem really sad now.  

Is this still AC/DC?

What if Ringo wanted to resurrect the Beatles and included Justin Bieber on vocals, John Paul Jones on bass and Neil Young on guitar?  Are they still the Beatles?  Is it just a thing the lawyers decide?

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Is this still AC/DC?

Barely. If it were anyone else other than Angus -regardless if they were an original member or not - they would be "an AC/DC cover band".

That's the trouble with older acts - by now, most of them are "The brother-in-law of a guy who used to be a roadie, who bought the rights to the name..." or " One original member cover band" or "The original members on the 'We're Out Of Rehab And We Need Money' Tour (Sponsored by Rogaine)" 

I pretty much avoid bands from back in the day, for this very reason. Unless they have (good) new material, they're pretty much dead to me.

(Besides, as far as I'm concerned. AC/DC died with Bon Scott. After that, they just kept remaking Back In Black).