Jump to content

TIB


Road Runner
 Share

Recommended Posts



37 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

one of these...   We are supposed to get 5-9 inches tomorrow night and my old shovel is broked.  This one is a big improvement.   :)

 

Image result for true temper snow shovel

 

Bring it over and try it out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

one of these...   We are supposed to get 5-9 inches tomorrow night and my old shovel is broked.  This one is a big improvement.   :)

 

Image result for true temper snow shovel

 

If the snow is sticky, spray the aluminum with cooking spray or you'll bend the corners from banging it on the ground to get the snow off. ;)

 

That's why plastic shovels rock. I wish I could find this Bigfoot brand shovel. I've tried several different brands but I like this one the best. Unfortunately I've worn six inches off the bottom of the one I have. :(

 

1280_1.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, jsharr said:

We do not get snow.  We get ice and sleet.  I have never owned a snow shovel.  I want to try one of those snow shovels with the funny, bendy handle.

Image result for snow shovel

Bendy handled shovels are great in most cases.  I got one for the first time about 3 years ago and wondered why I waited so long.  Much better on the back.  I one downside I have is when I have to lift snow over a fence or railing, which I have to do sometimes - very inconvenient for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I want to try one of those snow shovels with the funny, bendy handle.

They had the bendy kind at Home Depot where I bought the one in the pic.  I tried to simulate how it would work for me and I didn't care for it.  As opposed to what Kzoo said, it seemed like it would force me to bend over more than the straight handle one.  Bending is definitely worse for my screwed up back and spine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

They had the bendy kind at Home Depot where I bought the one in the pic.  I tried to simulate how it would work for me and I didn't care for it.  As opposed to what Kzoo said, it seemed like it would force me to bend over more than the straight handle which would definitely be worse for my screwed up back and spine.

Not true but since you are an amateur snow shoveler I can see how you would make that mistake.  If you are going to lift snow, the bendy part buts the handle closer (higher) for your forward hand to grab, resulting in less back bend.

Remember the first 2 rules of snow shoveling - 1) bend the knees not the back and 2) It's best not the have a heart attack. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

one of these...   We are supposed to get 5-9 inches tomorrow night and my old shovel is broked.  This one is a big improvement.   :)

 

Image result for true temper snow shovel

 

Why would you shovel a measly 5-9 inches of snow??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Not true but since you are an amateur snow shoveler I can see how you would make that mistake.  If you are going to lift snow, the bendy part buts the handle closer (higher) for your forward hand to grab, resulting in less back bend.

You might be right.  I probably wasn't holding it right.  And I am an amateur.  We usually only get one or two snows per year that are shovel worthy.  Usually, I just wait and let it melt.   :)

The prediction for this weekend is different, though.  From 6 to 12 inches followed by really cold weather, which means it's not going to melt for several days.  So I'll probably have to shovel the driveway, at least.  With my bad back, I am going to do my best to avoid shoveling altogether.   :(

I figured if I bought a new shovel, it might piss off the weather gods and discourage them from giving me a whole lot of snow.   :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

We do not get snow.  We get ice and sleet.  I have never owned a snow shovel.  I want to try one of those snow shovels with the funny, bendy handle.

Image result for snow shovel

We like ours with the bendy handle.  Beats the heck out of using a grain shovel and it fits my wife's hands very nicely.:whistle:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I figured if I bought a new shovel, it might piss off the weather gods and discourage them from giving me a whole lot of snow.   :) 

This might be the smartest thing I've ever heard you say.  Certainly smarter that anything Jsharr (or his moranic minions ) has ever said.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Maybe the bendy ones at Home Depot were bent wrong.   :dontknow:

I think the gist of it is it keeps your hands closer to your body when scooping, instead of having to stretch down. 

Right now our driveway is covered in cars, so no shoveling needed!  I am upset though, because I would love to stay home and not get my nice clean car filthy, but things are effed up at work.  I also wanted to go see Chuck Prophet in a Free at Noon concert, dammit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

I can also whole-heartedly endorse the bendy shovels.

I don't think I would like them. I push snow and then use my leg as a fulcrum to lift the snow just enough to get it on the bank.

40 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Unless you have an oversized super duty snow thrower like I do, arr arr.

I have one. I could also put a plow on my ATV. I'd rather shovel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jsharr said:

We do not get snow.  We get ice and sleet.  I have never owned a snow shovel.  I want to try one of those snow shovels with the funny, bendy handle.

Image result for snow shovel

Come on over, my wife leaves the house at 3:45am. Have to at least shovel a path to her car. It's snowing pretty good right now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...