I admit that I'm damned depressed.

maddmaxx

Maxx, I understand.  Pithy as that may sound.

Usually several mornings a week, I wake up trusting nobody, feeling like I hate the world, and remembering a long series of screw-overs whose scars run deep.  Even though things are currently fine, they haven't been fine as long as they've been not fine.  Perhaps not the same types of feelings, but the dark part is the same.

In an hour or so, that fades, and normal sets in, enough light enters my eyes and skin.  But that hour comes multiple days a week, and always comes first.  Which shades the day.  I can't wait to feel sun every day, as much of the day as possible.  I want the parts of my life that have made me severely jaded to be gone so I can go back to being more like Kirby.

Until then...I have to remember that the sun also rises.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

The holidays are over and winter is setting in.  The run of days without snow and ok temps seem to be over.  It's still dark more than it's light.  I'm always a bit depressed this time of year but this is going to be a bad year.  Winter sucks.

I've got a couple things for you Max.  First, I'm here so right away this forum's looking brighter and a brighter forum means a brighter state of mind.  :runcirclsmiley:

The second is you most likely own your own home now -- and I'm about to go out and splurge on a crazy ass loan in the height of the bubble.  Which is great because I'll most likely be upside down on my home in a couple years.... and I'm entering the downside of a career in a young man's game so I'm sure they think of something to get rid of me. So it could be much worse friend.

4 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

I've got a couple things for you Max.  First, I'm here so right away this forum's looking brighter and a brighter forum means a brighter state of mind.  :runcirclsmiley:

The second is you most likely own your own home now -- and I'm about to go out and splurge on a crazy ass loan in the height of the bubble.  Which is great because I'll most likely be upside down on my home in a couple years.... and I'm entering the downside of a career in a young man's game so I'm sure they think of something to get rid of me. So it could be much worse friend.

Thank you.  That cheared me right up.

Have you ever considered doing volunteer work?  Food banks, art museums, etc. are often looking for helpers.  Many here volunteer through RSVP.  What about student clubs, where you can use your skills with models, drones, etc.? I wouldn't suggest you go into the sheep business, as that ties you down and means you spent a lot of time outside in the cold and the dark.

On 1/5/2017 at 6:29 PM, maddmaxx said:

The holidays are over and winter is setting in.  The run of days without snow and ok temps seem to be over.  It's still dark more than it's light.  I'm always a bit depressed this time of year but this is going to be a bad year.  Winter sucks.

It could be worse.  You could live in Canada.

inuit-igloo-village.jpg

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Well if that don't beat all. Here we take the good time and trouble to slaughter every last Indian in the west....and for what? So they can appoint a Sheriff that's blacker than any Indian!

I am de-pressed.

Man, I am amazed how I can forget so many mammarable lines in movies!  Even when I went to look at a video of this one, it was taken offline.  Maybe the same PC filter in my brain removed this line. :D It is amazing how Mel ever got away with that movie!  That said, I loved Slim Pickens - in Blazing Saddles and How to Love the Bomb, he was amazing.

5 minutes ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

Even when I went to look at a video of this one, it was taken offline

Don't get me started. I can quote almost the whole damned movie, word for word. (Except Harvey Korman's monologue about Pugs, thugs, nitwits dimwits, hafwits...).

What was really surreal was watching it on network TV. They cut out the word "faggot" and the fart noises but left in the word "nigger". WHO THE HELL DECIDES THESE THINGS????

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

It is amazing how Mel ever got away with that movie! 

Not really.  The world was just getting going on the PC movement and people could still give and take shots.  I blame the removal of winners and losers in competitive sport.  Everyone is now an over sensitive "participant".  Give them all a ribbon and a tear towel. :)