Weekend plans 2017

petitepedal

12 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Don't tell any of my relatives but Gina and I are going to make more tamales. Small batch. Came out good this year but this time we will experiment a little bit addind some pork and doubling up on the cheese just to figure out what's best for next Christmas. :D

BuffCarla did this last night. Technically not tamales, more like tacos in the new Ortega hardshells that stand up on the plate. She mixed a packet of taco seasoning into the ground beef and it was awesome.  Do you use this in your tamales?

Image result for ortega taco seasoning images
  • Heart 3

I have a funeral. BuffCarla has a huge family and I told her I would go with her to this 2nd cousin's funeral. I'll probably just go to the church service and skip the cemetery and the repast.

This was an older man who died of cancer, so it shouldn't have the tragic feel of her cousin's funeral in October. Which, by the way, I'm told there is still no toxicology report and police ruling on homicide or not.

Shoveling snow tonight after work.  3 to 4 inches of light stuff I didn't have time to get to last night and was too lazy to do before work this morning - it will still be there tonight.  Maybe some work on a woodworking project I need to start and WoKzoo has already asked for some modifications on the 2 benches I built for her a couple weeks ago.  

AND I will be watching the Steelers dismantle the Dolphins.  #HereWeGoSteelers

This is the greatest weekend of NFL football all year.  Wild-card weekend - 4 games all with the potential to be close games.

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

BuffCarla did this last night. Technically not tamales, more like tacos in the new Ortega hardshells that stand up on the plate. She mixed a packet of taco seasoning into the ground beef and it was awesome.  Do you use this in your tamales?

Nope, nothing like that in tamales. ;)

I'm making soup in the slow cooker today. Onions, garlic, jalapeno, lentils, carrots, roast lamb, chicken stock, thyme, rosemary and pepper. I may add some diced tomatoes after lunch.

I rode 33 miles and picked up some barbequed pork from Carolina Brothers in Ashburn. Not sure when I'll eat it but it's in the fridge for when I do want it.

I had a video interview today for a background investigator job. I wore a suit jacket, white dress shirt a tie and no pants. I like these interviews. The lady was in Chicago and works for a firm that screens applicants for the hiring company. I must have passed because the hiring company sent an email wanting citizenship papers asap. The screening company sent me a 'how'd we do' survey.

Next I'm doing a beer run and get some lunch somewhere.

Saturday will be a slow day at the LBS 10 - 6.

Sunday, I'm meeting Gary from Uniontown PA at a Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Steelers Fins game. Gary and I go way back. I haven't seen him since Memorial Day weekend.

• Heart 1

Going to Marquette tomorrow and then to camp. Not taking the fattie; too damned cold to be fun. I may take the snowshoes in case the snow at camp is worth stomping down to make a possible trail for the fat bike. After my attempts last year and then never got to ride the trail, I said I wasn't going to do it again. I'm dumb; I'm trying it again. But I DO have to throw out seeds and corn for the woodland creatures.

Also will be watching football.