Lunch at Sweetwater

Digital_photog

I saw this guitar and really like the way it looks. I did play one of equal value at Sam Ash. 

I guess if I were a real good player, I'd go for something 3 times the price but for now, I go for the purty colors. :P

guitar.JPG

11 minutes ago, Mr. Beanz said:

I saw this guitar and really like the way it looks. I did play one of equal value at Sam Ash. 

I guess if I were a real good player, I'd go for something 3 times the price but for now, I go for the purty colors. :P

guitar.JPG

Gretsch are real nice guitars for the money. 

Today I tried out a  Taylor 210ce.

I wanted to try the 110ce that is $799 but they were out of stock so I tried the next higher series that is the same size.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Digital_photog said:

Gretsch are real nice guitars for the money. 

Today I tried out a  Taylor 210ce.

I wanted to try the 110ce that is $599 but they were out of stock so I tried the next higher series that is the same size.

I once tried a Taylor that was about $1800. Sound was great! But I also tried a Yamaha at the suggestion of a sales rep. Only  $900 and I could not tell the difference.

I'm thinking next acoustic I get will be one of these and not electric. I dunno, the electric doesn't seem to capture the natural nice sound of an acoustic. But I've never plugged in a nice Taylor though.

8 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

I think Taylor has some of the best electronics. I want the electronics built in to play at church.  Home it doesn't matter.  Built in electronics are easier than mics.

I figure they are easier but have you had a chance to compare side to side as far as the sound?

I saw an old guy at open mic with an older Taylor. They placed a mic in front of the guitar (which is a hassle I know) but it really sounded nice.

It sounded better than the electronic guitars but I wonder if it was because it was a Taylor and the others are not as high end. One of which was identical to my Fender T Bucket.

The guy playing the Fender could really play! The Taylor guy not so great but the sound was much better.

I think it might be the T bucket style. Next time I am getting the full box style (not sure what the technical name would be ?)

0tbucket.JPG