I've Got My Eye On You!

Mr. Beanz

Today I see a story in the headlines about the airport shootings. Funny cause last night we went to dinner at our favorite little joint. There can be some shady characters that go in and out. Sometimes it's a shady looking dude who just walks straight back to the head, does his bidness, then leaves. 

Seriously, I watch other people when we are seated somewhere. I was thinking this last night as we sat at dinner and at the mall.  I will sit and drink a mocha chiller. I watch people walk by and think to myself, "what if this MOFO pulls out a gun and starts shooting everybody?!". I figure if we are down the way, yes we have a chance to run.

But if the guy is near me and starts shooting the other direction, I think I would not have a choice but to charge the MOFO before he has a chance to turn and shoot me or Gina. I figure people freeze when something happens but I'm one of those that is always thinking. So though it is not good to be an over thinker, I think it's better than getting taken out helplessly. If I don't do something, I'll surely get shot standing their wondering if he's going to turn our way.

Strange to think somebody is thinking and planning in their head to do something stupid like shoot up a public place but on the other hand, I wonder if anybody sits there and plans a counter attack like I do? I hope so!

It may sound strange and stupid, but can you imagine if I was sitting there planning in my head what to do if someone started shooting and I rushed the guy and saved your daughter? I might get in trouble cause if I can get the guys's gun away, I'd  make sure he was dead. None of this sitting in a country club jail for 30 years. 

Weird I know, but you never know, some over thinker like me might save your life someday!

Does anybody else think like this? I just can't see myself standing there waiting to get shot and it happens so often nowadays.

My biggest fear would be if I did get a hold of the guy and got into a wrestling match, the others around would run instead of helping. If I take the guy down, you better help me make sure he stays down!

Maybe I am overthinking things but this crap is happening so often now, I can't help but keep my eye on people ! :angry:

17 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Caution and awareness is good.  Allowing it to grow into paranoia not so much.  Stay safe out there.

Not paranoia ha ha! More like suspicious! Just so much going on nowadays!

I came across some videos the other day where some dude is shooting in a dept store with a rifle.He's just cruising around shooting cashier and customers. People hide behind counters and he just busts a cap in em! Awful to think he did it so freely! 

You are not alone.

When I was watching the aftermath of the Orlando shooting, I voiced the same thing to Wo2. WTF didn't anyone fight back? Surely there were chairs, or little tables,  or liquor bottles, or a hail of beer bottles that might have distracted the guy enough to make a move  on him. I mean this guy wasn't a SEAL or Force Recon or some highly trained killer. Why weren't there any heroes?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

You are not alone.

When I was watching the aftermath of the Orlando shooting, I voiced the same thing to Wo2. WTF didn't anyone fight back? Surely there were chairs, or little tables,  or liquor bottles, or a hail of beer bottles that might have distracted the guy enough to make a move  on him. I mean this guy wasn't a SEAL or Force Recon or some highly trained killer. Why weren't there any heroes?

Exactly! If a dude threw a bottle at a shooter and caught his attention, I figure he would be focused on heading toward the guy who tossed the bottle out of anger or craziness. That would be enough distraction for somebody else to take him from behind. 

You know, sometimes people focus so much on one thing, they do stupid things without thinking. One time a guy got so pissed at me on the bike he told me to pull over so he could kick my ass! I pulled over and leaned my bike gently up against a fence and invited him over. He got so pissed he threw his bike down and thrashed his rear derailleur! :lol:

I knew right there he could not think straight and I had him. I think he knew it too!

Just like a crazy shooter, somebody tossing a bottle could ruin his whole plan while disrupting his thinking. :nodhead:

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I think I would rather die trying to save my and Gina's life rather than laying behind a table and letting him walk over and shoot us like little lambs. 

And yes, you do need another hero! Think about it, what if your daughter was there and I saved her. I might be able to squeeze a new bike out of you! :D