I know that some of you watch television (a little)

maddmaxx

Is anyone going to watch the new show Emerald City tonight.  It's another version of The Wizard of OZ.  I grew up with the original in black and white.  I've also enjoyed some of the other versions like Tin Man and the Wiz.  They were interesting changes to the original story plot.  I'm hoping that this series is worth the effort.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Is anyone going to watch the new show Emerald City tonight.  It's another version of The Wizard of OZ.  I grew up with the original in black and white.  I've also enjoyed some of the other versions like Tin Man and the Wiz.  They were interesting changes to the original story plot.  I'm hoping that this series is worth the effort.

The original was filmed in sepia, colour and B&W depending on the scenes.

Anything WoO related just makes me twitch. L.Frank Baum was born near here, in Chittenango, where I used to work. His family moved out when he was two and he probably forgot about the place, but since it's their only (very tenuous) claim to fame, they milk the shit out of it. The sidewalks are yellow bricks, there's an Oz Cream Parlor etc. etc. Every May, they have an Oz Fest - which means the town is full of OzHoles and impossible to get through. They usually pay good money to fly one of the little bastards in for the parade and golf tournament - but I think they're almost all dead now, so that may be coming to an end.

I'd be happy if that particular blot on our culture was erased forever.

2 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Anything WoO related just makes me twitch. L.Frank Baum was born near here, in Chittenango, where I used to work. His family moved out when he was two and he probably forgot about the place, but since it's their only (very tenuous) claim to fame, they milk the shit out of it. The sidewalks are yellow bricks, there's an Oz Cream Parlor etc. etc. Every May, they have an Oz Fest - which means the town is full of OzHoles and impossible to get through. They usually pay good money to fly one of the little bastards in for the parade and golf tournament - but I think they're almost all dead now, so that may be coming to an end.

I'd be happy if that particular blot on our culture was erased forever.

You're a munchkin aren't you.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I wonder why those things are so universally scary and hated?  We think a flying pig is cute but a flying monkey scares the beejeebus out of us.   :o

The owner of the above airplane is obsessed about flying monkeys.  Inside that airplane is a real but stuffed monkey in a costume from the Wizard of Oz.   Nuts I tell ya!