Best meal you had last week ?

Further

Tried a new place for their all you can eat fish fry last night. They had no Spotted Cow, (or any liquor for that matter). Problem with their liquor license. They served you three fillets to start, but the fish was so dry, overcooked and lacking flavor, that no one finished their first serving. The potato pancakes tasted like regular pancakes with onions cooked in. Their coleslaw and apple sauce was tasty. But these portions were too small. Everyone took leftovers home, but we threw it all out when we got home. 

Scooter gave them a big thumbs down. Plitthh! :( 

Mom gave me a gift certificate for a local steak place. For my birthday,  only 7 months late. So  filet mignon and baked potato. 

I found a recipe some months ago for beef tacos which is really good. I get some inexpensive beef, the kind with fat & connective tissue, a can of red chile's & adobo and a bottle of beer.  Let it crock all day and the meet turns tender & delicious.  I pull the meet out & flake it and then blend the chiles and juice for a tasty sauce and drizzle back on the meat. 

I put the meat on warm corn tortillas, cheese, guac, lettuce & tomato and we feasted on home made beef tacos.

• Heart 2