I was fingerprinted today

Parsnip Totin Jack

Personally I wouldn't allow anyone to fingerprint me for employment purposes. I have in the past agreed to police vetting because I would be working in proximity to children but that was confidential and by a state body, nor did it involve fingerprinting.

15 minutes ago, Caretaker said:

Personally I wouldn't allow anyone to fingerprint me for employment purposes. I have in the past agreed to police vetting because I would be working in proximity to children but that was confidential and by a state body, nor did it involve fingerprinting.

Here you cannot work for a school system, even as a custodian, without being fingerprinted and checked.  

All of my secret clearances involved fingerprinting and much more.  Full background checks.  Interviews with my neighbors, bankers etc.

There are many things you cannot do in this country without a full background check.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Here you cannot work for a school system, even as a custodian, without being fingerprinted and checked.

I was about to state the same.  Many jobs that require work with children or require state certifications require fingerprinting.  Same with jobs that require a Govt. Clearance.  It's actually more common than one might think and Live Scan is pretty much the norm now.  

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Was that for McMannis? That's a good company from what I hear.  You can probably work from home too.

No, this is for a Risk Manager job at a credit union. I am still being screened by KeyPoint. I sent them my birth certificate last week. They have to do a full background investigation before I can be a background investigator. Their training program is 12 weeks long. KeyPoint will pay about $20/hour plus incentives. The credit union will be close to double that and I can start sooner. If I'm offered the job.

• Heart 2