Three lambs born today, and . . .

sheep_herder

45 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

maybe more will be born tonight.  Today was relatively warm with little wind, so it was a Good Day.  Next 3 days will be more severe, so we will be checking more often.  Hope everyone has a Good Evening!!

Does this attract predators like coyotes?

Yes, depending upon location. We've not been bothered here, but there were a lot of coyotes where we lived in Oregon.  Over the years, we have had guard dogs and burros as deterrents to predators.  We have had neighbors that were bothered by mountain lions.  Predators and fencing are the main reasons that we do not run sheep on our other place located south of town.

2 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Yes, depending upon location. We've not been bothered here, but there were a lot of coyotes where we lived in Oregon.  Over the years, we have had guard dogs and burros as deterrents to predators.  We have had neighbors that were bothered by mountain lions.  Predators and fencing are the main reasons that we do not run sheep on our other place located south of town.

I always wondered..  Yes, I am a city slicker. :)   

3 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

The one in the pasture had twins.  We are giving them time to get to know each other and hopefully nurse.  Then we will move them to the barn.  It is always more challenging to move them at night rather during the day.

I SO wanna move out there and help out with lambs. I'm more familiar with cattle, but I understand hard work with animals better than I understand the crap that goes on in offices. 

You and your four legged friends all stay safe and warm! :)

• Like 2