Hung about 18 framed photos at the local clinic on Thursday night.

sheep_herder

Just now, sheep_herder said:

I've had some hanging at USBank for several months, and the clinic started a program a few months ago, where they are inviting local artists to hang their works.  I am probably the fifth or sixth participant, and the first photographer.

Very cool sheep-herder. 

• Heart 2

59 minutes ago, Chris... said:

How does one go about approaching a clinic to do this?

In this case they approached me.  I assume they got a list of names from the Waterworks Art Museum of people that have displayed in different shows at the Museum and worked from there.  Last time I talked with them, they asked about my wife showing her photographs.  Two of the doctors at the clinic are on the BOD of the Museum, so they are very aware of what is available and want to showcase art in the area.

I simply asked one of the ladies at the bank about some of the photos being displayed.  I wondered if they were hers or her fathers.  She came back and asked if I would be interested in displaying some of mine, and it took off from there.

I hope this helps.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, sheep_herder said:

In this case they approached me.  I assume they got a list of names from the Waterworks Art Museum of people that have displayed in different shows at the Museum and worked from there.  Last time I talked with them, they asked about my wife showing her photographs.  Two of the doctors at the clinic are on the BOD of the Museum, so they are very aware of what is available and want to showcase art in the area.

I simply asked one of the ladies at the bank about some of the photos being displayed.  I wondered if they were hers or her fathers.  She came back and asked if I would be interested in displaying some of mine, and it took off from there.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. I'm running out of wall space at home. I give my pictures to my family but it would be nice for other people to see them. I get my images printed at WHCC online, they have a new print called deep matte. It's great for B&W.