Looks like there is a 'New' National Champion in college football.

sheep_herder

11 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Roll Tide

Years ago I worked for a firm based out of Memphis TN.  I was there for a meeting and on the flight home the plane was full of Alabama fans going to LA as the Tide were playing UCLA that weekend.  I had to listen to "Roll Tide Roll, Roooooooolllllllllllll" for 3 freaking hours.   Whenever the plane would get quiet someone would start the chant all over again....  Annoying as hell.  

• Like 1

I think the last time I saw American college football, Doug Flutie was throwing up an amazing Hail Mary.  I did get checked in last night and with no pvr I was flicking channels and ended up watching the 4th quarter.  It was pretty exciting stuff.

where is Clemson, btw?

like all Real Americans, I stayed up to support our American Traditions. If we don't support this football thing, it might not survive. So I dutifully watched a pretty good game between two teams that I don't have any rooting interest in. I don't even know anyone who went to either university....but that didn't stop me from performing my duty for my country. You lefty "oh, that's violence" crowd just makes me sick. Americans love violence. Just look at our movies and TV shows and pop music. Its all about murdering and raping. The thing the lefties hate about football is that it smacks of effort. That is what is offensive to them: the courage, the bond of brotherhood, the manliness of it all.....all that is vile to your modern lefty today.

So while you were busy protesting cabinet appointees on Twitter last night, I did my part to defeat the lefty degenerate cry babies by not only voting for our next president, the impeccable Donald J Trump back in November, but I also watched our National Championship Game while I polished the medals I was awarded for my military service

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

I think the last time I saw American college football, Doug Flutie was throwing up an amazing Hail Mary.  I did get checked in last night and with no pvr I was flicking channels and ended up watching the 4th quarter.  It was pretty exciting stuff.

where is Clemson, btw?

South Carolina

3 minutes ago, Nate said:

like all Real Americans, I stayed up to support our American Traditions. If we don't support this football thing, it might not survive. So I dutifully watched a pretty good game between two teams that I don't have any rooting interest in. I don't even know anyone who went to either university....but that didn't stop me from performing my duty for my country. You lefty "oh, that's violence" crowd just makes me sick. Americans love violence. Just look at our movies and TV shows and pop music. Its all about murdering and raping. The thing the lefties hate about football is that it smacks of effort. That is what is offensive to them: the courage, the bond of brotherhood, the manliness of it all.....all that is vile to your modern lefty today.

So while you were busy protesting cabinet appointees on Twitter last night, I did my part to defeat the lefty degenerate cry babies by not only voting for our next president, the impeccable Donald J Trump back in November, but I also watched our National Championship Game while I polished the medals I was awarded for my military service

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emo

Just now, Zephyr said:

Tks, I was wondering, but not enough to bother googling it.   :foryou:

for the longest time I thought they were in Georgia, but in the run up to the game ESPN talked about Clemson alot

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emo

that was the reaction I was hoping for

I thought the notion of watching the game to make sure football survives and seeing it as my patriotic duty and all was pretty funny

11 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Clemson was originally a Military school.  I can remember when a big portion of the Clemson students seen at sporting events were cadets. 

"Clemson Agricultural College formally opened in July 1893 with an initial enrollment of 446. From its beginning, the college was an all-white male military school. The school remained this way until 1955, at which time it changed to "civilian" status for students and became a coeducational institution."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

The school remained this way until 1955, at which time it changed to "civilian" status for students and became a coeducational institution."

The transition from predominantly military to predominantly "civilian" takes a while.  Even today, Clemson still has an active military program on campus.

8 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Sounded like it was another good game.

It was.  I was glad to see that putz Saban lose.  He's tedious.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Are you people speaking English?  I have no idea what this is about.

Oh, please.  Don't be obtuse.

1 hour ago, Nate said:

let's be fair, though....in 1955 most colleges were all white

Ah, yes, the good old days...the days that Mr. Trump is going to bring back!