I got a job offer.

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

But think of all the bike riding you got to do. :hapydance:

Let the record show that from Jan thru Sept, 2016 I rode 1,200 miles in Ohio. Between Sept 25 and Dec 31, 2016 I rode 900 miles in VA and DC. I'm looking forward to Bike VA this year. It's in the Shenandoah Valley this year.

• Heart 3

14 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

Congrats, Jack.

Do they have an opening for my friend, Random Guy?  It'll have to be high paying as he has 14 years of alimony in his immediate future.

yea, I ordered some alimony at a sushi bar, and it was pretty expensive :nodhead:

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

ummm, no. it's not like that at all.

yea, up on the bridge they got a big chair right in the middle of the room and then there's instruments and computer screens all the way around the room and a little raised walk way that goes all the way around

its pretty high tech

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

When is the Mrs moving to Va

The Mrs is staying in OH until her mother passes away. No telling when that will occur; her mother is almost 92 and theoretically could live past 100. When the house sells, wo7 will rent an apartment. She told her mom she would be there and will keep to that. I'm here to help my mom who is having trouble at 85. My mom's trouble is more mental than physical. We, as humans, are living longer but not necessarily better.  My mom's reality is of her own making and it isn't a nice place. Medically, they can't make a treatable diagnosis yet. That is frustrating to observe. We hope to turn a corner one day.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Airehead said:

So we might get some more LAJ stories?

Remains to be seen. Most of the LAJ stories sprout from my direct observation. I usually don't rely on hearsay as I don't acquire nuances with his words and actions. Since he moved in with his son, Robert-the-Jedi, we haven't heard much about LAJ. He works when he has to, eats crappy food and sits in his bedroom surfing the internet. RtJ and Dumplin' have to nag LAJ to throw out the fast food wrappers and do his laundry when the stench gets bad. That's about all I hear.

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Drat and blast!

It seems the door is closing on one of the Forum's most productive sources of entertainment and drama.

Oh well, your gain is our loss...  :(

Please start writing about your neighbors or something. 

• Heart 1

On 1/10/2017 at 2:20 PM, Old#7 said:

Enterprise Risk Manager at a $2B credit union. Good pay and benefits galore. I start January 23.

Can you mention which credit union?

Mainly interested because I used to work for a CUSO, supporting various ones across the US.