Who is your pick to win the Super Bowl?

Road Runner

On 1/10/2017 at 3:57 PM, Road Runner said:

And no, the Browns are not going to win.  They have already been eliminated.  Back in September.

If you want to make some money by betting on the outcome, it's going to be the Patriots.  They badly want revenge over the whole deflate-gate crap.

Bet early for the best odds.  It's not necessary of course, but I would appreciate a ten percent cut of your winnings.   :)   

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I don't think they folded but I do think that their pass rush tired late in the game.

I saw that same interview with Brady. He talked about how the superbowl is longer than other games. There's more pre-game festivities, longer halftime, more commercial breaks

instead of getting suited up and the game taking 3 and a half, 4 hours....its more like 5 hours. And the last hour is where you have to win or lose the game

4 minutes ago, Nate said:

I saw that same interview with Brady. He talked about how the superbowl is longer than other games. There's more pre-game festivities, longer halftime, more commercial breaks

instead of getting suited up and the game taking 3 and a half, 4 hours....its more like 5 hours. And the last hour is where you have to win or lose the game

Poor guys they must be exhausted with all those breaks and ensuring Lady Ga Ga and sitting round waiting for a turnover or whatever.

10 minutes ago, Caretaker said:

Poor guys they must be exhausted with all those breaks and ensuring Lady Ga Ga and sitting round waiting for a turnover or whatever.

I don't think its physical exhaustion, more like the mental fatigue of staying intense when you are trying to cram 60 minutes of action into 5 hours

55 minutes ago, Nate said:

When the Falcons first got the ball in the second half, it had been more than an hour since they last had it....

30 minutes ago, Nate said:

I don't think its physical exhaustion, more like the mental fatigue of staying intense when you are trying to cram 60 minutes of action into 5 hours

Wow, that's like say, trying to cram two people into a minibus. Presumably the larger the bus the harder it gets.

I think teams can win or lose.  The Pat's did not give it away the first half.  There were a couple of "lucky" turnovers that the Falcon's did what they were supposed to with.  I think the Pat's clearly lost the first half, but the Falcons also won it.  The Pat's did not give it away, the Falcon's were clearly the better team, and if they had kept up what they were doing should have blown that game out.

I think the Falcons assumed it was over and were just trying to run the clock down in the second half.

3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

When the Falcons first got the ball in the second half, it had been more than an hour since they last had it....

but when the Pats finally got a touchdown in the 3rd, then missed the extra point to leave it at 28-9 I said to myself "this just isn't their day". The sportscasters were talking about how we had never seen this before in the Belichick era: the Pat getting housed in the Superbowl

but man, what a finish. For Atlanta fans, its got to be a heartbreaker. I remember when my Houston Oilers were up over 30 points to the Buffalo Bills in '93. In the 3rd I was dancing around singing the Houston Oiler's fight song...at the end of the game I was in shock

so I know how hard it sucks when your team is on the short end of an historic late game comeback

5 minutes ago, Caretaker said:

Wow, that's like say, trying to cram two people into a minibus. Presumably the larger the bus the harder it gets.

yea, that's sort of the joke with football. there's 60 minutes on the clock, but the flippin game takes 4 hours

but when you are used to certain thing being certain ways, and pro athletes are creatures of habit, and then the game is all of a sudden 25% longer than you ever played, it is going to wear you down mentally more than physically

23 minutes ago, Nate said:

remember when my Houston Oilers were up over 30 points to the Buffalo Bills in '93. In the 3rd I was dancing around singing the Houston Oiler's fight song...at the end of the game I was in shock

I remember watching that game, and I remember telling my friend about it the next day because he'd turned it off at halftime.  IIRC the Bills trailed 35-3 - that might be the only bigger playoff comeback.  (That was the year the Bills lost in the Super Bowl, right?  ;) )

More than anything I think the Atlanta D just got tired.  It would be hard for any team to sustain the intensity they showed in the first half - and no, the long halftime probably didn't help.  But I've seen it time and time again - once Brady gets rolling late, especially in Comeback Mode, defenses get nervous and start playing tight - which only hastens their exhaustion.  And coordinators get nervous and start to try and outthink themselves (Atlanta last night, and Seattle two years ago)

Yes, Atlanta made play-calling and execution mistakes that gave away what looked to be a win - but they had a 25-point lead in part due to play-calling and execution mistakes the Pats made earlier.  Brady's pick-six made me pull the blanket over my head.  The flea-flicker attempt didn't fool anyone and they're lucky that wasn't picked too.

Maybe I like the college game better but the NFL OT stinks. The ATLs never got to touch the ball. Game was decided on a coin toss. 

for those that don't follow the young fellas it starts w/a coin toss where you can decide offense or defense. Everybody that wins the toss chooses defense. Ball starts at the 25 yd line where your set of downs starts. At that point you have 4 downs to get a first down. Game play follows until either a score or turned over on downs. Then the OTHER TEAM GET'S THE BALL. And same deal goes on until one team fails to score. I watched a Kentucky game that went 8 OTs. It was epic