60 mph winds tonight

bikeman564™

I love riding in high winds! Usually 80% of the local cyclists stay home. :D  Of course on the trail, wouldn't ride in traffic with those conditions.  I once rode up GMR with a few hard core forum members. One guy got blown over and knocked out cold. One good thing about being a heavier rider. :D

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

One guy got blown over and knocked out cold.  One good thing about being a heavier rider. 

I have almost been blown over a few times and I am pretty heavy at around 190.  

I like riding in a tail/head wind scenario, but I hate crosswinds.  My ride is predominantly NE going out and SW coming back, so if the winds are really strong from the NW or SE, I'll stay home.  Usually.  :)

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I have almost been blown over a few times and I am pretty heavy at around 190.  

I like riding in a tail/head wind scenario, but I hate crosswinds.  My ride is predominantly NE going out and SW coming back, so if the winds are really strong from the NW or SE, I'll stay home.  Usually.  :)

190 is a lightweight. :lol:

This is me at 230 lbs. I hit 220 once for about a month to do a timed event (100 miles with 10,000 ft gain) but if I looked at food, I would gain weight. 230 is a light weight for me. :P

230 in 2005 *Arizona ride when I first met Ugly Bob. The guy next to me was a Love Forum member from AZ. He was about 160 pounds.

But I'll never be a lightweight but that's OK cause the wind doesn't blow me around much! :D

Did a 62 miler (2/3 of it solo) in 3:05. close to a 20 mph average.

beanz3.jpg

This is me last year at 240 pounds. I really want to drop back down to 230 real soon!

0240pounds.JPG

• Heart 2