Does yogurt work?

Randomguy

I have been drinking some tasty kefir (Siggi's vanilla), and started thinking about this.  "Eat yogurt, ya hairy pusbag" is what all the advertisements say, but you always hear that nothing survives the digestive tract, so what gives?

I suck at yogurt, btw.  I signed up for a two-month groupon special at a yogurt place across the street.  My posture is better, and I have impure thoughts during class often.  

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Chris... said:

What about probiotics?

Yeah, there is that aspect, too.  Now we are told that we should take probiotics contained in a protective pill that will survive the arduous journey until just the right time, when it is released where needed until it later jettisons in a frothy blast from the butthole.   Previously, yogurt was claimed to be healthy on its own and would populate your innards with colonies of smiling, helpful bacteria.  That seems to have changed when the probiotic industry sensed that they could scare us into buying a pill instead of eating the food itself if they defamed the food enough.

So does the food work?  Is it all just BS?  What is the real story?

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yeah, there is that aspect, too.  Now we are told that we should take probiotics contained in a protective pill that will survive the arduous journey until just the right time, when it is released where needed until it later jettisons in a frothy blast from the butthole.   Previously, yogurt was claimed to be healthy on its own and would populate your innards with colonies of smiling, helpful bacteria.  That seems to have changed when the probiotic industry sensed that they could scare us into buying a pill instead of eating the food itself if they defamed the food enough.

So does the food work?  Is it all just BS?  What is the real story?

oh, I thought you meant "yoga"

yes, yogurt works. Don't listen to nutrition advice from the internet. Except for this post. You can listen to this.

• Heart 3

Hey Suzie Q, how often do guys in yogurt class get 'excited'?  I was able to turn my mind to other subjects during class a couple of days ago, but was close to making a spectacle of myself for a little while.  I would hate to be known as "that guy that gets wood" in the studio, you see.

Does it happen often?   I almost farted in class, too, but didn't.

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Chris... said:

What about probiotics?

They don't work any better than the amateur biotics.                                           I took live culture Greek yogurt that I added fresh or frozen berries to every day to work for many years before I retired. It didn't kill me and I stayed healthy (except for my leukemia). I have no idea if it helped?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Hey Suzie Q, how often do guys in yogurt class get 'excited'?  I was able to turn my mind to other subjects during class a couple of days ago, but was close to making a spectacle of myself for a little while.  I would hate to be known as "that guy that gets wood" in the studio, you see.

Does it happen often?   I almost farted in class, too, but didn't.

I think you should get wood and fart at the same time.  It would show that you are truly at peace with your inner being.   :nodhead:

• Heart 1

I used to love yogurt as a kid but developed a lactose intolerance and stopped eating it in my early 20's.  But the other day I was putting the groceries away and dropped a container of Greek yogurt that broke open and spilled everywhere.  I cleaned it up and licked off some of the yogurt on the container, said dayum that's good so ate the 3 spoonfuls that didn't spill out.  I didn't have any problems with it so am thinking maybe I can do yogurt again!?!!?