Let's get an update

Parr8hed

Clif notes version: LAJ moved in with his son, Robert-the-Jedi (RtJ) and RtJ's girlfriend, Dumplin'. RtJ and Dumplin' are not real happy with the arrangement and will toss dear old dad out the door if he doesn't clean up his act.

I moved back to VA at the end of Sept. to help my Mom transition to assisted living and to get the hell out of Ohio. Mom is resisting but her mental acuity isn't where it used to be and she should not be living alone.

After four months of looking I have a great job. I start Jan. 23rd. I will also be traveling to Denver in July to attend job sponsored training. I'm looking forward to that.

The house in Ohio is on the market on Zillow and will be listed with a realtor in February or March.  Wo7 and son are going to stay in Ohio after the house sells until her mother passes away. The MIL will be 92 in February and could live to 100.

• Heart 1

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, smudge said:

Ok! Now I remember. Campground cruising sounds nice.  :)

I can't wait for it this year.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:46 PM, Goat Geddah said:

Hey P8.  How's it hanging?

Hey man!  Good to see you!

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Old#7 said:

Clif notes version: LAJ moved in with his son, Robert-the-Jedi (RtJ) and RtJ's girlfriend, Dumplin'. RtJ and Dumplin' are not real happy with the arrangement and will toss dear old dad out the door if he doesn't clean up his act.

I moved back to VA at the end of Sept. to help my Mom transition to assisted living and to get the hell out of Ohio. Mom is resisting but her mental acuity isn't where it used to be and she should not be living alone.

After four months of looking I have a great job. I start Jan. 23rd. I will also be traveling to Denver in July to attend job sponsored training. I'm looking forward to that.

The house in Ohio is on the market on Zillow and will be listed with a realtor in February or March.  Wo7 and son are going to stay in Ohio after the house sells until her mother passes away. The MIL will be 92 in February and could live to 100.

Yay!  What is the new job?  VA is a longer distance to help with the triathlon this year (if we have it)

Just now, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

I am still the same.  A little older, fatter, poorer, etc., but hey, it is a nice day out and I am off!

It's a nice day?  It's cold and rainy here.  Has been for a week.  Next week doesn't look good either.  It's draining.

6 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Yay!  What is the new job?  VA is a longer distance to help with the triathlon this year (if we have it)

Risk Manager at Apple Federal Credit Union. They have good benefits including time off for good behavior. I might be able to swing a trip to Bourbonville, depends on when the house sells.

• Heart 1

Just now, Old#7 said:

Risk Manager at Apple Federal Credit Union. They have good benefits including time off for good behavior. I might be able to swing a trip to Bourbonville, depends on when the house sells.

They are doing major construction at the school this year.  I can't have the race there.  Looking for another place to have it VS just not doing it this year.

About the same here.  Still travel for work now and then.  Have had two years in a row of 7000+ miles on the bike.  Really starting to get into the California Triple Crown double centuries, and meeting some great cyclists on those rides.

I dont have many years left to work before retirement.

• Heart 3