An old truck

Dottleshead

19 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I am pretty sure it was Ranger and Bronco...but who knows..the Ranger plant...in MN was taken down..like torn down..it is now a field.

I've sort of turned my back on the return of old car names since Dodge tried to put a badge on a new Charger and call it a Daytona.  :huh:

13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Manual is the only way to go with an old small truck.

I missed the power steering and brakes also to be honest.  I just want to use it to haul things around from time to time.  I envision myself drinking a cup of coffee while doing it -- so that stick shift has got to go.  :lol:

20 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

I missed the power steering and brakes also to be honest.  I just want to use it to haul things around from time to time.  I envision myself drinking a cup of coffee while doing it -- so that stick shift has got to go.  :lol:

Well, you have to decide for yourself whether you want a cheap old truck or a mini SUV.  All that manual stuff makes for easy maintenance and a cheaper price.

Being comfortable sipping on your coffee while driving to the dump puts the vehicle into a completely different category.

I can get you a good deal on a pearl painted Lexus SUV with brush guards, never driven off road, if you want.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I would suggest buying a small beater econo-car for your daily driving and then renting a UHaul for $20/day and $1/mile when you need to haul something.  The money you save on gas might even pay for the truck rental.

This is exactly what my friend the 'engineer' said.  You guys really are of the same pod.  :)