I just showed my crack to a professional

petitepedal

:whistle:  I thought you sickos would appreciate that title.

He would work the job on weekends...but he wants his boss to check out my crack too...

:D I have a popular crack  :wacko:

I am trying to figure out how to scramble and pay this guy not just to repair the crack...but to do the install...he thought with "help"  once the floor is prepped ..could probably do the two rooms on the weekend...I did suggest that Robyn and I would help...(so he wouldn't have to pay helpers...)

Damn.....  either way the crack needs professional help.....and after that....we shall see...

If ya got an extra grand or two...I'll take it   :D

• Heart 2

This is the condo that won't let us do yoga in the community room and I can't keep my bike rack on the back of my car...WTF you expect them to pay for this repair.

Once I get the bid from the floor guy...and I may ask him to tell me the cost without the cracks....and present that to the board....The solution I was given is the Lazy Ass Maintenance Guy (LAMG) would caulk the crack....The carpet guy who came by tonight didn't think that would do much for the crack...and it certainly would do nothing to level the floor.

Are you taking off the baseboards as well before laying the floor? I did that when I placed a wood floor down to hide the imperfections od the end cuts near the wall.. 

How will two rooms take them a weekend? I did a full 1,100sqft house myself in two days. That's also including moving furnature around because I was too lazy to move it out of the room. :)

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Are you taking off the baseboards as well before laying the floor? I did that when I placed a wood floor down to hide the imperfections od the end cuts near the wall.. 

How will two rooms take them a weekend? I did a full 1,100sqft house myself in two days. That's also including moving furnature around because I was too lazy to move it out of the room. :)

When I laid the fake wood floors (I think the same thing Petite is using), I used quarter round to cover the gaps rather than take the base boards off and cut them down.  Looks ok and is far easier.

1 hour ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

When I laid the fake wood floors (I think the same thing Petite is using), I used quarter round to cover the gaps rather than take the base boards off and cut them down.  Looks ok and is far easier.

I never cut the trim down, just pulled the nails and put new ones in when rehashing it. It also covered the spots I did not paint close to the boards...lol

Just now, KrAzY said:

I never cut the trim down, just pulled the nails and put new ones in when rehashing it. It also covered the spots I did not paint close to the boards...lol

That's another way.  Probably more expensive than the quarter round, but a lot easier than cutting down the trim.  When I did mine, it did not coincide with painting, so removing the trim would have created more work there as well.

10 hours ago, petitepedal said:

This is the condo that won't let us do yoga in the community room and I can't keep my bike rack on the back of my car...WTF you expect them to pay for this repair.

Once I get the bid from the floor guy...and I may ask him to tell me the cost without the cracks....and present that to the board....The solution I was given is the Lazy Ass Maintenance Guy (LAMG) would caulk the crack....The carpet guy who came by tonight didn't think that would do much for the crack...and it certainly would do nothing to level the floor.

I know every association is different but repairs to the roof and foundation of our units are covered by the association.  We recently had a "slab leak" and the association covered the repairs for that.  Several of our upstairs balconies leaked into the dining room ceiling and that was covered as well.   It doesn't hurt to ask them what is covered. 

• Heart 1

What I was told was that the black stuff (probably a tar) substance will pull right out...and when I am read Brian will come in an put some caulk in that will expand and contract with the building....  That is the essence of the repair they will do....nothing about the tar or the very uneven stuff...in my hallway.