Quote of the Day: Nicolas Chamfort

Inspiration Bot

12 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't understand most humor.  Jokes often take me a long time to understand, some need to be explained to me.  You can laugh at me all you want, but this is how I live.

I almost get the impression you think this is some sort of deficiency or flaw.

I would suggest - and I mean this seriously - that you might instead consider this simply a characteristic of who you are; a part that makes up your personality.

And I would also suggest that if you think carefully you will find that along with this characteristic you have other characteristics that could be considered talents in every meaning of that word.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I almost get the impression you think this is some sort of deficiency or flaw.

I would suggest - and I mean this seriously - that you might instead consider this simply a characteristic of who you are; a part that makes up your personality.

And I would also suggest that if you think carefully you will find that along with this characteristic you have other characteristics that could be considered talents in every meaning of that word.

Yes!  I think maybe it just means that you should have been an accountant or judge or lawyer or something. :D

23 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I don't think I have ever gone through a day without laughing at something.  Even when I was in the hospital or I was pretty sick, I still found life to be humorous.  Plus, I am always doing stupid things, which is an endless source of humor for me.   :D  

Laughter Is the Best Medicine <TM thinghy>.  I still love scruff's quote - "Every day is an adventure because I am such a complete and utter moran".  I'll bet FY stil has that on her sig line over in the Olde Country. :D