Jump to content

High


Randomguy
 Share

Recommended Posts



1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

You miss Colorado don't you?  

Yes.  If NYC were in CO, everyone in the country would want to live there.  

Truthfully, I don't miss it every minute in winter, more conceptually at the moment I suppose.  While the front range in CO has far better winter weather than the fetid swamp that is the entire east coast, it is still winter, and it is still colder than 60 degrees most days.  Yeah, the sun shines and you can see mountains and plains and wildlife and fresh air and not every damn person in the world is sick there, but it is still cold.  Since  I don't ride in the cold and only camp if it is around freezing or above freezing temperatures at night, I wouldn't be enjoying that aspect of it right now.  

I do miss the spatial aspect, and there aren't 164 people in my way every minute there like there are here.  I miss being able to swim in a pool, and the ability to work out in an uncrowded and un-diseased gym, and the ability to pop in and out of a store without standing in a line for 25 minutes.

That said, RO is here, and lots of attractive women are here, and there are some advantages to living here.  I didn't stop loving NYC when I left, although I was ready to leave.  It is a fun place to be, there is lots to do, and everyone visits here eventually.  A lot of the good things will come to the fore when I get a job and can stop being desperately poor, and living conditions will improve when I find a proper living situation again.

I am going to Ohio for four days at the end of the month and CO for a few days after that, btw, so it will be a nice comparison of lifestyle.  Are you going to be out there (or here) soon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I am going to Ohio for four days at the end of the month and CO for a few days after that,

Our concern is........ when are you going to get a job?  Before you know it, Road Runner is going to have to support you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yes.  If NYC were in CO, everyone in the country would want to live there.  

Truthfully, I don't miss it every minute in winter, more conceptually at the moment I suppose.  While the front range in CO has far better winter weather than the fetid swamp that is the entire east coast, it is still winter, and it is still colder than 60 degrees most days.  Yeah, the sun shines and you can see mountains and plains and wildlife and fresh air and not every damn person in the world is sick there, but it is still cold.  Since  I don't ride in the cold and only camp if it is around freezing or above freezing temperatures at night, I wouldn't be enjoying that aspect of it right now.  

I do miss the spatial aspect, and there aren't 164 people in my way every minute there like there are here.  I miss being able to swim in a pool, and the ability to work out in an uncrowded and un-diseased gym, and the ability to pop in and out of a store without standing in a line for 25 minutes.

That said, RO is here, and lots of attractive women are here, and there are some advantages to living here.  I didn't stop loving NYC when I left, although I was ready to leave.  It is a fun place to be, there is lots to do, and everyone visits here eventually.  A lot of the good things will come to the fore when I get a job and can stop being desperately poor, and living conditions will improve when I find a proper living situation again.

I am going to Ohio for four days at the end of the month and CO for a few days after that, btw, so it will be a nice comparison of lifestyle.  Are you going to be out there (or here) soon?

I was in CO after you left and will be in NYC on Jan 19 I think but probably on a tight sched before heading over to London. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I was in CO after you left and will be in NYC on Jan 19 I think but probably on a tight sched before heading over to London. 

Let me know if you get a free moment when you are here!  You could meet RO or we could go out and bang waitresses or something.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I would still like to visit Nateland, when is the best time, and how do I get there without a car?

I've been to York, PA.  A bunch of times.  Spend your money on a trip back to CO, or Missoula.

 

By the way, if you don't want to ride in the winter, didja ever consider CC skiing or snow shoeing?  

I can't imagine having to live in NYC after having lived in the west.  Of course, I've spent my whole life west of the Rockies so maybe I'm just being inflexible. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

By the way, if you don't want to ride in the winter, didja ever consider CC skiing or snow shoeing?  

One, I don't like the cold.  Two, I don't like the cold.  Want to guess what three is?  Besides, you can't do that in NYC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...