Ice Storm

BuffJim

Just received an email from the Scott AFB IL Command Post. Mission Essential personnel only to report to work. Even with my inflated ego, I'm not Mission Essential. So I get a 4-day weekend! Of course I have to use vacation time to make up the hours.

There was a time that I was Mission Essential. Thank Dog that I'm not now.

• Heart 2

32 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Just received an email from the Scott AFB IL Command Post. Mission Essential personnel only to report to work. Even with my inflated ego, I'm not Mission Essential. So I get a 4-day weekend! Of course I have to use vacation time to make up the hours.

There was a time that I was Mission Essential. Thank Dog that I'm not now.

you lucky, lucky bastard!

• Heart 1

I'm supposed to fly into KC on Sunday, so I've been following the reports pretty closely.  It doesn't sound good, but I figure either the flight won't take off from NY if it's too bad,  Or if we land, I may hang out in the airport until the roads are better.  But this is no way to start a vacation. :frantics:  If I get stuck there, I won't even have my ice cream sandwiches!  :runcirclsmiley:

• Heart 1

47 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'm supposed to fly into KC on Sunday, so I've been following the reports pretty closely.  It doesn't sound good, but I figure either the flight won't take off from NY if it's too bad,  Or if we land, I may hang out in the airport until the roads are better.  But this is no way to start a vacation. :frantics:  If I get stuck there, I won't even have my ice cream sandwiches!  :runcirclsmiley:

Nate, Kirby is going to the Steelers game.  Color me jealous.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Say Hi to Hallmark for me.   

• Heart 1

21 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Nate, Kirby is going to the Steelers game.  Color me jealous.

No, but I've been following the reports of the time change in order to get a sense of the expected road conditions.