My bike is on order.

Dirtyhip

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

They had two left.  I should get it next week.  I let the shop know "Do NOT open my Specialized box.  I like to sniff the communist air."

I found some 3.0 studded tires that I may order from 45NRTH.  Let the fun begin.

The bike is red.  

"Communist air"  hee, hee....

45nrth tires... Wrathchilds??  Everyone seems to be all about them.

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Yes, Wrathchild. That is what I picked out.

I will be running flat pedals on this thing.

Nice!! I like flats in case I need to do a quick get-off. I suppose you will be using them because you'll be wearing winter boots?

Just now, smudge said:

Nice!! I like flats in case I need to do a quick get-off. I suppose you will be using them because you'll be wearing winter boots?

Yes.  I will have some Winter hikers or something similar.  In the Summer, I might swap over to SPD.  We will see how it goes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smudge said:

Even though your primary purpose for this purchase is commuter, I think it's going to be a fun bike for you. Not super intense like Brutus, but not as heavy and slow as Helga.

There are trails around my work.  I hope this bike to be "playtime" bike and a spare if I mess up Brutus.  Also, I grossly underestimated my need for a fuller tire, this Winter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I let the shop know "Do NOT open my Specialized box.  I like to sniff the communist air."

The bike is red.  

...a word of friendly advice.  

It's common knowledge that the CEO of Specialized made the Faustian bargain many years ago. It wouldn't hurt to have a priest do an exorcism on your new, red bike before you actually touch it and risk transference of the small demon spirit that Specialized engineers into all their production bicycles.

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Nothing else to spend my money on.  We max out all of our savings stuff and have basically zero debt.  Might as well order new bikes every year and  sell the old bikes as "hardly used".   :speedy:

Ok, ya. Like that makes the rest of us feel any better!!!!!  :P  :D 

13 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am excited to be back in action with riding soon.  Our roads have become a real problem this season.  

I've been sick and swamped at work.  To make matters worse (well and better for our drought) we've been getting heavy rains.  As a result I haven't ridden in weeks but am itching to get out this weekend. Probably will have to be on the road though.

8 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I've been sick and swamped at work.  To make matters worse (well and better for our drought) we've been getting heavy rains.  As a result I haven't ridden in weeks but am itching to get out this weekend. Probably will have to be on the road though.

Our roads have no shoulder due to snow right now.  I will probably hit the bike path this weekend, and do weights.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

They had two left.  I should get it next week.  I let the shop know "Do NOT open my Specialized box.  I like to sniff the communist air."

I found some 3.0 studded tires that I may order from 45NRTH.  Let the fun begin.

The bike is red.  

Blue bikes are faster.

49 minutes ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

I think blue bikes are endangered.  Bikes now all seem to be white or carbon colored.  Both of which are nice, but there is nothing like blue. :)

Color schemes are making their way back.  The recent bikes are getting more colorful.