I am sorry I tossed the popcorn

petitepedal

Just now, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

Except that the man killed off hot air poppers and grocery bag popping with all those prepackaged microwave bags. :angry:

It was probably that effing Pillsbury Doughboy!  :D

Oh man I had one of those hot air poppers back in the day.  With the numerous barracks parties, spending all our money on beer and not snacks the popcorn popper became a huge hit.  I kept it in the common area of our barracks and anyone could use it except for the one time somebody bought the preoiled popcorn and set off the fire alarms causing an evacuation of the entire building.... Dooohh! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Oh man I had one of those hot air poppers back in the day.  With the numerous barracks parties, spending all our money on beer and not snacks the popcorn popper became a huge hit.  I kept it in the common area of our barracks and anyone could use it except for the one time somebody bought the preoiled popcorn and set off the fire alarms causing an evacuation of the entire building.... Dooohh! 

I also got a ton of use out of mine.  Loved it!

Just now, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

I also got a ton of use out of mine.  Loved it!

I met my wife at one of these popcorn barracks parties.  I was already pretty drunk when she came in with her friend (her best friend was in my platoon) and even though I kept stuffing popcorn made from my air popper in her shoes she still agreed to go out with me?!?!!?  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I met my wife at one of these popcorn barracks parties.  I was already pretty drunk when she came in with her friend (her best friend was in my platoon) and even though I kept stuffing popcorn made from my air popper in her shoes she still agreed to go out with me?!?!!?  

You are one swave & deboner guy!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I was a drunken skirt chasing  soldier boy... It must've been the uniform that attracted her to me, not my suave & debonair ways!

My wife didn't give me a second thought when we worked together at a restaurant as teenagers. However when I came home from leave a couple of years later and wore my dress blues as a customer at the restaurant, she obviously changed her mine. She still mentions that day.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

My wife didn't give me a second thought when we worked together at a restaurant as teenagers. However when I came home from leave a couple of years later and wore my dress blues as a customer at the restaurant, she obviously changed her mine. She still mentions that day.

Well, you had certainly upgraded your attractiveness as a mate in that period.