Quote of the Day: William Arthur Ward

Inspiration Bot

I think the value assigned to forgiveness in our society is over-rated.

If someone intentionally does something mean and hurtful to another and expresses no remorse or regret for it, then the second person need not forgive.  The second person also need not harbor a burning rage and quest for revenge in their heart either.  I believe a perfectly acceptable option for the second person is to continue his life, not forgive the first person, not hate the first person, and never give that person another chance to be mean and hurtful again.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I think the value assigned to forgiveness in our society is over-rated.

If someone intentionally does something mean and hurtful to another and expresses no remorse or regret for it, then the second person need not forgive.  The second person also need not harbor a burning rage and quest for revenge in their heart either.  I believe a perfectly acceptable option for the second person is to continue his life, not forgive the first person, not hate the first person, and never give that person another chance to be mean and hurtful again.

Snuff him out like a candle, no malice or hatred, just don't want him breathing anymore.

• Heart 1