Lowes

Airehead

37 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Just imagine how quickly Lowe's would put their competition out of business if they added, say, women's shoes and beauty salons and spas to their stores.

This brings up a question for Longjohn.  Does Winner's Department Store in Sharon still have a men's lounge in it? :D

I jumped the gun.  Yes, it does, with popcorn and beer!  Looks like they changed to a more specific gown store - I thought it used to have all kinds of different stuffs on multiple floors.  It was an interesting place, sort of a time warp.

http://www.thewinneroutlet.com/

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

This brings up a question for Longjohn.  Does Winner's Department Store in Sharon still have a men's lounge in it? :D

I jumped the gun.  Yes, it does, with popcorn and beer!  Looks like they changed to a more specific gown store - I thought it used to have all kinds of different stuffs on multiple floors.  It was an interesting place, sort of a time warp.

http://www.thewinneroutlet.com/

I have never been in that store since it was re-opened by Jim Winner.  My aunt worked at "The Sharon Store" for many, many years before it was Winners.

Our Lowes store is in the same area as Home Depot.  I had shopped both stores but never before shopped and compared the stores together.  The Home Depot had the cool shopping carts that hold two kids so my son always went there.  They had a very poor selection of flooring so after five minutes of looked at their flooring I suggested we look in Lowes.  They had a much better selection of flooring and way better prices (but without the cool shopping carts).  Five minutes in Lowes and we selected the flooring for the laundry room .

Here is a picture of the cool carts in the Depot.

Image may contain: 3 people

• Heart 2