WTH is with strollers?!?

goldendesign

I've been looking all day with the SO. So many options and features to look for. It's mystifying. I'm wading through reviews, comparisons and weighing it against how they actually felt.

First one WoGolden liked was the Damn Uppa baby. Jesus those things are almost a thousand dollars.

I narrowed her down to Chicco Viaro or Grayco Modes 3, or was it the Britax B agile.

Or......

• Heart 1

Uppababy is the way, trust me.

Here is a damn good secret, btw - new parents are stupid.   Every idiot out there goes and has a baby, then that baby grows.  Everything you need, and I mean everything, can be had on the used market.  Get the damn stroller used.  Overrule your wife because if she is like mine, then she is unspeakably stupid and will insist on buying everything new instead of 20 - 30 cents on the dollar.

Have you bought the snugabunny yet?  You will love that thing!

• Heart 3

How did we all survive without this technology?  There is no need to spend a thousand dollars on a stroller, but I supposed it's relative.  If I made a few million a year, a thousand dollar stroller would be meaningless.  If I were the average schmuck that I am, I'd probably be fooled into thinking I didn't love my baby because I didn't buy it the best.  Love does not come from the pocketbook.

Your baby will be fine, no matter what it rides around in.

• Heart 1

I guess I know our kids are growing up, because I've never heard of Uppa Baby or Chicco Viaro or whatever.  I guess we knew some people who had Peg Perego stuff.  We had a simple Graco and I'm glad we didn't break the bank on it because neither one really liked spending a lot of time in it.

I second @Longjohn's suggestion of a small umbrella stroller in addition to the big one.

I do not miss having to fit all this crap in the car to go places.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

How did we all survive without this technology?  There is no need to spend a thousand dollars on a stroller, but I supposed it's relative.  If I made a few million a year, a thousand dollar stroller would be meaningless.  If I were the average schmuck that I am, I'd probably be fooled into thinking I didn't love my baby because I didn't buy it the best.  Love does not come from the pocketbook.

How can you go to Starbucks for your 53 syllable coffee with your bff, have your pony tail pulled through your ball cap, wearing your $400 Lululemon outfit pushing a common stroller?   No wonder you have no friends. :)  

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

...you need that new bicycle, man.  You need it bad.

15 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Uppababy is the way, trust me.

Here is a damn good secret, btw - new parents are stupid.   Every idiot out there goes and has a baby, then that baby grows.  Everything you need, and I mean everything, can be had on the used market.  Get the damn stroller used.  Overrule your wife because if she is like mine, then she is unspeakably stupid and will insist on buying everything new instead of 20 - 30 cents on the dollar.

Have you bought the snugabunny yet?  You will love that thing!

I plan on purchasing multiple items second hand. A lot of them. But where I will not take a chance is with a carrier and stroller. From multiple sites and consumer reports they highly recommend purchasing new. Seems infant carriers and car seats have an effective until date and of course you have no prior knowledge of how the unit was actually installed and cared for. Just today there was a T-bone collision a few miles from my house. The two adults died at the scene the 4 year old in a car seat lived with no injuries. 

I'll spend the money. Just not unwisely. 

From what I gathered the only difference once you start looking at upper tier systems is convenience for the adult. We tested a multitude yesterday and a few more today and it seems our choice will be this one:

Image result for chicco viaro

The Chicco Viaro travel system. 5 Star consumer reports rating and plenty of bells and whistles. 

Oh and I looked at the Snugglebaby. I'm gonn get that thing too

Those fold up umbrella strollers are the bomb from the time they are big enough to hold their heads up which is what 6 months or so...  We had a bigger stroller that was good when they were little so they could lie down but from the time they were big enough to sit up right we basically used the umbrella stroller.  And kids are freaking bendy at that age, if they crashed out they just sleep with their head slumped over just fine!