All you truck guys...

Dottleshead

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Now look dottie, don't take shit from those strange talkin Texicans.

Supposed the truck I showed you would sell for 5500 CDN.  At the current exchange rate, that makes the sale price a mere $3740 USD.  That ain't bad. 

It's a great price but I'm not sure how buying a truck across enemy lines works?  Probably the guy who sells it to me used it to load his drugs in the tire wheel -- and I'm off to B.C. prison.  Either that or I pay a huge import tax to pay off our acid rain damage.

2 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

It's a great price but I'm not sure how buying a truck across enemy lines works?  Probably the guy who sells it to me used it to load his drugs in the tire wheel -- and I'm off to B.C. prison.  Either that or I pay a huge import tax to pay off our acid rain damage.

Canadian vehicles run on metric gasoline.  Try to find metric gas in your area.  

3 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

There is a section in Nafta that prohibits being charged for importing illicit drugs and acid rain. It also negates import duties on that age a truck.  So, you go to the guys house, hand him the cash, he signs the title over to you and you do the import paperwork at customs. Buy your insurance before you go.  Easy peasy. 

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

Dude, don't say enemy lines!! Just yesterday he was saying how nice we Americans are!  sheesh.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Yeah, but since it is from Canada, don't you have to drive int on the left side of the road?

My Titan is a Canadian, complete with a Canadian VIN.  It's fun to see the guys in the service department scratch their head trying to get stuff to come up in their system.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, but unlike Texas, we at least pick a side. 

Yeah, my truck tends like Neutral, but if I got it on it, it will get moving.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Canadian vehicles run on metric gasoline.  Try to find metric gas in your area.  

Yeah, there is a guy in Louisiana that says he can reprogram my truck to fix that.  I'm afraid to ask what the involves.

• Heart 1

Because of this private truck for sale I spotted on craigslist, I'm going down the used car lot and taking that 2002 Ford Ranger into a mechanic.  If it checks out, I'm going to buy it.

00I0I_lEDivixRktZ_1200x900.jpg

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5950190294.html

^^^ This photo is for a 2006 Ranger that has about 25K mile more on it --   but after contacting the owner -- I find out it's a XL model and I really want the XLT model.  So much so that I'm willing to pay a $1000 more for it.  I've been searching out there and it turns out automatic Ford Rangers with power breaks and steering are really, really hard to find.  Bottom line is I keep thinking to myself how I'm going to regret not picking this guy below up (if it's mechanically sound) if I don't.  

9B4CA2E8-4629-4F99-A629-0881459A3839_5.j

Sometimes you have to reach to get what you want.

4 hours ago, smudge said:

So you're working on the red one?  Very exciting! Keep us posted. (I was wondering how it was going...)

3 hours ago, team scooter said:

I'm a little disappointed that I'm not seeing pictures of Red parked in your driveway yet.:dontknow:

We did it! Drove it out of the lot and 4 blocks down to the insurance agent. 

• Heart 3

On 1/17/2017 at 8:05 AM, jsharr said:

Clean truck for $5000 grand is a no brainer.  They hold value well.  Ask if you can have your mechanic look at it.  Maybe try to find source of oil leak?

I would buy it.  I hope to find a small truck like that for Wade in the next year or so.  At 6'3" he is not going to fit in a lot of smaller cars.

Took yours, Indy's, and others advice and bought it. No regrets.

• Heart 2