I remember many of you....

groupw

Haven't been on this site for quite a while. What's been happening? Well....where to start?

We just moved our 2 daughters to the Phoenix area. They work for the same company and the office they were at is closing in March. They had transfer options and both thought they would like to try the Southwest. I drove the moving truck for their 2 households. We didn't get to play tourist much on this visit. Hope to get back there again in the next few months...

My son remains in Lincoln. He manages a Subway and works for a running race organization that operates several relay races and other events. He is hoping to transition that to his full-time career if everything works out. 

My dad is still dealing with multiple health issues. He has lost about 100 pounds since he started dialysis. That's a good thing, but he has also become very weak and dementia is becoming more prevalent. He is in assisted care more than at home anymore. Mom is doing OK, but leaning on me more for support than she used to need to. 

WoW and I have been enjoying the empty nest. Weather permitting, we get out in the Miata when we can. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

It is great to hear an update from you. People still being goofy here but providing great support when needed. I am sorry to hear about your dad. Watching our parents age is tough. 

When the aging becomes a quality of life issue, it gets especially tricky! Mom and I share Power of Attorney. Partly because I am the oldest and partly because my other 2 brothers are 6 and 10 hours away. 

Mom zig zags between accepting the reality and putting on her rose glasses and thinking everything will be fine. My brothers are more startled by his decline since they don't see him as often