I feel as though I am embedded in the fabric of America.

Wilbur

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

On the whole, Americans are good decent people.

Amen. I have spent a lot of time south of the border, and am very familiar with the geography of a very large part of the country. I met good people everywhere I went. Even NYC.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I intend to do everything within my power to encourage kerfuffle in the coming clusterfuck. :runcirclsmiley: Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose, Wilbur.:) Change is hard.

Now I am starting to doubt the mental capacity of my American friends.  Well, I actually started that in Texas but you know what I mean. :)  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

After a lifetime of news and pop culture from the US, many online and personal friends in the US, having lived in Texas for two years, having been in every state several times and almost every city of any significance, flown many business and entertainment leaders, I almost feel as though I know you.  I have never witnessed violence, never had a run-in with the police and never felt unsafe in any way.  I used to walk Manhattan from the WTC to Harlem in the '80s and never felt threatened. 

I have ridden my bikes in most states without issue and with a lot of courtesies provided by average people.  On the whole, Americans are good decent people.  I feel like I am a part of you so I am always shocked when I hear an American refer to Canadians as foreigners.  I get it though.  The media flow is one way and we are those strangers to the North. 

On this eve of a new government, be good to each other America.  Don't let me down lest I will descend from the sky and smite thee! :)  

I've never lived in the U.S. but visited lots of times in the 70s. I have felt unsafe and had rocks thrown at me in San Diego. Our different experience is probably down to me arriving at a port and you at an airport.

The two black ladies in a convertible who kindly pulled over to invite me to a party were very friendly though.

Like anywhere there's a lot of good and some bad.

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I have never witnessed violence, never had a run-in with the police and never felt unsafe in any way.  

its a shame you missed out on so much of our culture and history :(

• Like 3