Well it's not a gold watch,

Rattlecan

that's pretty cool

when my dad retired from ARCO, they didn't do anything for him at all. He worked up on the north slope and the contractors up there took a half inch thick piece of steel and cut it out like the shape of Alaska and then polished it up and engraved it and gave it to him like a plaque

but anymore you retire and just get thrown out with the trash

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Rattlecan said:

The model is very detailed, and looks very much like the real thing. I can't dig up any good photos right now. most of them are on the computer that crashed.

This is about the best I can find at the moment.

jg7j86.jpg

I had never been an aviation stuff collector and have few photos except with memorable groups or celebrities.  At the end of my Edmonton training contract, the guys I trained gave me a very high quality model of the airplane and a large framed photo of the cockpit.  It is the only aviation related stuff in my house but I really enjoy them in my office. 

• Heart 2

The hourly scum never got anything, where I was. In several cases, we made something for them. (One guy got a plaster cast of a hand with a middle finger extended - everyone signed it. Another guy got a chunk he broke off from a die and a note from the tool room thanking him for retiring).

Salaried folks got a gift card which came in a little silver box. When they brought me one of the boxes to engrave for a guy who was retiring, I looked in the little velvet-lined, silver box and said "Oh....so when you retire, you get your soul back?" HR was not amused.

• Heart 1

I haven't yet retired, and not sure I'll be able to, but at one job where I left all the tradesmen in the electrical shop and the HVAC shop got together and gave me a picture of all of them.

Everyone of them was smiling, holding an 8-1/2x11 sign that said "Thaddeus Who?", while standing in front of a piece of equipment I'd modified that had failed on a Sunday morning and shut down a college data center.  :blush:

• Heart 1