Da secret lab, not so secret anymore

maddmaxx

31 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Nice work area.

Whats up with the bottle of finish?

Wet water. (doesn't bead up on top of the paint)

Because I use acrylic paints I cannot use alcohol based weathering liquids like in the days when I painted with enamel.  A couple of drops of Finish in a bottle of water with a bit (like the formula's?) of Grumbacher Acrylic from a tube makes a dirty wash of various shades that can be brushed on over Acrylic paint.  This if done lightly shadows the engraved detail and makes the surface pop out of dead flat paints.  It can also be used to tone colors slightly lighter or darker or to add a shade like dirt or grime.  Here is a wheel with the effect around the hub.

DSCN0039.JPG

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

You have a bunch of tiny parts on your workspace, as do I. I'm currently printing one of these and hope to make a bunch more for myself as an organizational storage.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:174314550e83b406a014210caaae013c658502e_preview_featured.jpg

That's very nice.  Most of my organizers are for the tools.  My wife just gave me the two "spice racks" to use for my ready rack of paints.  There are 3 more full drawers of paints below the workbench sorted by ready to spray, ready to brush etc.  For the RC car parts there are tupperware containers with screw on lids in the drawers.  Those also double as working vats for chemicals like bleach, simple green, oven cleaner etc when prepping parts.

• Heart 1

The bulk of the move from other rooms into the secret lab is just about complete............my half of the lab that is.  Womaxx has weeks of work to do on the other half.  It turned out to be a good thing as It's been decades since I dug to the bottom of some of the locations.  In the end though it was the books that killed me.  Books are freaking heavy.

DSCN0040.JPG

DSCN0041.JPG

• Heart 1