Should cycling sunset podium girls as a tradition?

Square Wheels

Just now, Randomguy said:

I don't really have a high opinion of organized religion, and I know I never will.  I think it isn't plausible at all, and for a long time, I thought poorly of people involved.  Who could follow this, with all the contradictions and outdated assery and hokey dogmatic nonsense?

A few LF forumites helped change my view with good answers that came from perspectives that I hadn't considered previously. The forumites I am thinking of (primarily RS and a couple of others in bits and pieces) let me see something of their experience outside of the normal bullshit reasons that the thoughtless give for their participation in normalized witchdoctory and voodoo, and gave me a window into how it enhanced their view of things without refuting the nonsense of it all.  I can plainly see now that some good people squeak into these cults, and that they aren't comprised solely of bigoted judgmental ass-clowns, but sometimes good caring people that can think on their own.

The point of all this is that you have a platform here, earned respect from years of participation, and a view from the land of grabbed and cupped vaginas, and you can affect how we see an issue, even if fun is poked at you for it.  If you find a way, it is possible to shape perspectives, but it happens subtly and over time.  I would say that often trouble comes from expectations more than anything else.  From my perspective, telling me why you think something is way more important than telling me what you think.

If the chicks don't contribute, it will be a bunch of us stone-age thinkers backslapping each other for collectively agreeing with everyone's identical opinion on something.   You do good here, even when you can't quite see it yet.

day-um...sure am glad you came to terms with organized religion there RG  :whistle:

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Threads like this one are not great for promoting female forum participation. A question was posed, and when a lady has a different opinion than the men, we end up being sorry that we ever posted at all. 

Why?  Some people disagreed with you.  Some (me) ribbed you a little.  It all seemed like fun.  

Maybe you're just having a bad day.  Inauguration eve eve and all...

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Communication happens when one person speaks and generally their speech is from their perspective.  Which is why I said I am giving a woman's perspective. I spelled women instead of woman on accident.  

I don't like this thread.  

The Wheels fell off.

16 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

This thread got a lot uglier than I imagined it would.

Stop with the derogatory comments, religious and political posts.

Are you new here? :mellow::(:default_sissy-fight-smiley:

• Heart 4

I'm going to approach this from a different perspective. One of my hobbies is photography. Among other things, I like doing "personal photography". What started as learning to do portraits for my kids' senior photos eventually morphed into a related, but distinct genre. I have no desire to turn it into a career (read "job"), but I have developed a good reputation not just for my work, but how I treat my clients.  95% of the people who ask me to shoot are women. I always collaborate with them on ideas before we shoot. Here's the secret.....the women I shoot with WANT to be sexy! They just want it on their terms. 

They want to be noticed in a postive way. Not leered at or ogled by men OR women. Objectifying and sexualizing can happen from both directions. From "people" who "wanna a piece of that" to the people who complain the woman's shorts or skirt are too short or her top too low and that she should "cover up". Both views are wrong in my opinion. 

A good friend of mine is an Ironman athlete. She teaches classes at the YMCA and is a school teacher as well. She wanted some headshots for some promo photos for her work at a local Little Theater. As she saw some of my work, she asked to do some more glamour photos as well. She totally exceeded her and my expectations to the point we did 2 more shoots and have more planned. She said to me after the first shoot, "You know. It's nice to be viewed for my athletic abilities, or being a good teacher. But sometimes I just want to be pretty." 

...and I guess to me that's the thing. If a woman wants to be pretty, and wants to be on the podium, who are we to judge? Isn't that what true empowerment is about? 

• Heart 3

49 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...it's Belgium.  Those guys are both gay. nttawwt

yea, well groomed and skinny girly arms...I shoulda spotted the alphabet boys right off. I just figured they were, you know, European :P

46 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

he%20man%20bordered%20ebay.jpg

:D

One time in college we saw an old Little Rascals episode at some ungodly hour in the middle of the night.  IIRC Darla asked Pokey if he wanted to have lunch with her, and he said "Naw, I don't like girls.... I'm gonna eat lunch with Buckwheat!"  I still roll that line out from time to time.