01/18/17 Miles

Dirtyhip

Normal commute in heavy wind and snow flurries.  My legs really hurt from squats.  

Also, I did cross fit this morning, but we were cut short of my workout.  My trainer was doing a lot of instruction of how to do some lifts and we ran out of time.  I had to leave at 6:30 to get myself home to prepare for my work day.  It is very difficult to fit everything I need into a weekday.

• Heart 2

Went back to camp, this time with HoSmudge. We put the plow on the 4-wheeler, and he tore up the place with it. (sigh, boys) I did a little more snowthrowing. I actually remembered the snowshoes this time, and I used them to smash some trail (hopefully will end up as fat bike trail, but probably not). Of course while stomping trail I'm also throwing out some sunflower seeds and corn for the woodland creatures.  It felt like at least a mile, but I doubt it was even close to it. Breaking trail on thick, warm snow with snowshoes is hard. Satisfying, but hard.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Normal commute in heavy wind and snow flurries.  My legs really hurt from squats.  

Also, I did cross fit this morning, but we were cut short of my workout.  My trainer was doing a lot of instruction of how to do some lifts and we ran out of time.  I had to leave at 6:30 to get myself home to prepare for my work day.  It is very difficult to fit everything I need into a weekday.

I love this. I love sore legs from squats. Atta girl!

93 miles, 6:18. The wind was blowing strong from the west so I was fighting that for half the ride. At the turn around, the wind became my best friend. I was shooting for a century today but ran out of time and daylight at 5:00 pm.

2017: 8 rides, 310.66 miles. I'm on a roll peoples!

• Heart 3

I did my usual, early morning quarter mile lap swim, four miles flat out on the stationary bike and two mile run ? on the dreadmill. Afterward I worked my abs and upper body. Rode the trainer for a bit in the evening.  I bought myself some new running shoes and new swim goggles and a container of "Cat crap" it's an anti-fog treatment for swim goggles and it really works.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, smudge said:

Were you sick the other day? Are you feeling better? You must be; 2.3 miles of jogging is not for a sickly guy!

I had the flu from Dec 31 thru Jan 6.  I was able to do some cycling on the weekend of the 7th and 8th.  Really feeling recovered this week.  Thanks for asking

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, smudge said:

I'm coming to your house, and you are hosting a bike ride with me. I can't wait!  (nice pics!)

If you ever visit DC look me up, I'm easy to find. Spring and fall are both great times to visit. The picture with the horses is on Dry Mill Rd, five miles west of Leesburg. The white part of the house is the original structure and the building with the red roof was added sometime in the 90's. Silver Fox farm.