Quote of the Day: Albert Einstein

Inspiration Bot

I wonder about the context of this quote.  On the surface it looks like so many other quotes that use opposing words to define each other, and purport to 'challenge' commonly held concepts or thought.

I don't think Einstein would be so specious, so I suspect there's more meaning to the quote than just the single stand-alone sentence can convey.

3 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I wonder about the context of this quote.  On the surface it looks like so many other quotes that use opposing words to define each other, and purport to 'challenge' commonly held concepts or thought.

I don't think Einstein would be so specious, so I suspect there's more meaning to the quote than just the single stand-alone sentence can convey.

I'm suspecious too.

well, if you know anything about quantum mechanics, and Einstein had a series of discussions with Heisenberg starting in 1926, then what the man said is plain.

the reality you see is an illusion, but it is persistent

its a plain spoken observation

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

It turns out that the actual quote is "The separation of past, present and future is only a persistent illusion", not "realitiy is a persistent illusion". This quote refers to the space-time of special and general relativity making clear that the passage of time is just some psychology in humans, not a property of the universe.

6 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It turns out that the actual quote is "The separation of past, present and future is only a persistent illusion", not "realitiy is a persistent illusion". This quote refers to the space-time of special and general relativity making clear that the passage of time is just some psychology in humans, not a property of the universe.

I knew I was right to be suspecious.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Thanks, maxx!

It appears the purportedly plain-spoken observation was never really spoken at all.

Just now, Caretaker said:

Can we trust Inspiration Bot from now on?

Inspiration Bot can inspire with false quotes just as well as he can with real ones

nobody knows what these old jokers actually said anymore, anyway