In Return for Compensation Given

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

What are you going to read the week after that?

:D

I think, though, after finishing these I'm going to add Essays in the History of Liberty, by Lord Acton (courtesy of Inspiration Bot), the four essays of John Stuart Mill, and The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith, a book I'm long overdue to read.

If you're interested in the Enoch Crosby story, or any others I have, let me know.

• Heart 1

Regrettably, I don't have a photographic memory to recall all the details, and I admit a measure of frustration with that. :angry:

But I keep a ledger, you might say, with me as I read. When I come across words I don't know the definition of, or a quote I find remarkable, or a reference to another person or event I'd like to investigate further, I write those in the ledger, and that helps me remember things about the subjects of the books.

• Heart 2

16 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Regrettably, I don't have a photographic memory to recall all the details, and I admit a measure of frustration with that. :angry:

But I keep a ledger, you might say, with me as I read. When I come across words I don't know the definition of, or a quote I find remarkable, or a reference to another person or event I'd like to investigate further, I write those in the ledger, and that helps me remember things about the subjects of the books.

I joined Goodreads with the intention of writing a pithy review that will at least jog my memory and provide a record.  I also do try to write down the gist of a book, but I am not very faithful with that.  I should be happy that I think at least the main theme does stick with me fairly well, and I quite often go in for a reread.