A Skating story for Kirby Only

Kzoo

Friends of ours moved to North Carolina a few years ago.  Their daughter had skated with my youngest for a year or so before they moved.  The daughter (probably 17 now) now trains under Paul Wylie.  I'm not sure how good she is but I know she enjoys it.  She has only skated in the region there and has made a few podium finishes.  She has also skated in a few local holiday shows that Paul Wylie does there.  Yesterday her mom posted an interesting experience she had yesterday.

Duh what do you say....

..........but when one of your coaches is Olympian Paul Wylie, don't ever freak out when he gets a call in the middle of your skating lesson and hands you the phone and tells you to say hello to Scott Hamilton! Lol. Sarah didn't quite know what to say1f633.png?! Lol

3a1cdadc-9168-425e-b42f-5a31d00b237c_zps

• Heart 3

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Friends of ours moved to North Carolina a few years ago.  Their daughter had skated with my youngest for a year or so before they moved.  The daughter (probably 17 now) now trains under Paul Wylie.  I'm not sure how good she is but I know she enjoys it.  She has only skated in the region there and has made a few podium finishes.  She has also skated in a few local holiday shows that Paul Wylie does there.  Yesterday her mom posted an interesting experience she had yesterday.

Duh what do you say....

..........but when one of your coaches is Olympian Paul Wylie, don't ever freak out when he gets a call in the middle of your skating lesson and hands you the phone and tells you to say hello to Scott Hamilton! Lol. Sarah didn't quite know what to say1f633.png?! Lol

3a1cdadc-9168-425e-b42f-5a31d00b237c_zps

I ready Kirby's post.  I hope you mind. :)  

They've held Nationals in Greensboro, NC twice in the last few years and Paul Wylie has been an Honorary Chairman at those events, I've only met him a few times, but he's always seemed very nice and gracious. I'm sure your friend's daughter must enjoy training with him.  He's famous among skaters for having great skills beyond just jumping - beautiful edge quality.

Very fun story, thanks!

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Tricycles on ice seems like it would be fun.  However the whole cold blooded amphibian / reptilian thing, not so much.  Trade offs.

All the cool kids are doing it these days!

trike on ice.jpg

• Heart 1