Work fridges are disgusting

Dirtyhip

Our work fridge is the worst.  People do not toss their food.  I finally got so fed up, that I have my own personal mini fridge under my desk.  The smell of that other fridge is so bad that it ruins your food, cause it stinks so bad.  I swear that your food takes on the smell and flavor of that.  I used to clean it, because I would be horrified over their refuse in there.  Now, I am letting them wallow in their filth.  Have fun, fuckers!  I am neither your mommy, nor your maid.

What is wrong with people?

• Heart 1

I had the same thing going on when I worked at Pitt. I never used the fridge for that very reason. Its like the people in the office would rather have Mexican standoff over who will break first and clean it out of disgust

It seemed to me that the things that were like housework, everyone felt wasn't their job. So nobody did it

I was the one who changed the bottles for the water cooler and cleaned the coffee pot up everyday. Who knows what they are doing now that I'm gone. Probably left that last little bit of water in the water cooler for the last 3 years so nobody had to change it

Ah the joys of office life!  When I ran an actual office we had a standing policy, if t's left in the fridge Friday at 5 PM it will be gone by Monday morning. The only exceptions were condiment bottles and unopened drinks.  That kept our fridge pretty clean.  I don't miss the coffee, temperature and break drama that's for sure. 

• Heart 1