Fat bike natty's

smudge

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

Where is the snow???

I know, right??!! We (at home in Gladstone) still have snow even though temps have been around 34 for a week. Manistique and farther east to The Bridge have a dusting. South of the bridge had snow, and it looked like Lake City/Cadillac got 3" Wed night (I traveled Thursday). About half hour north of Grand Rapids has no snow. My daughters say the temps have been in the 40's for the past couple weeks with 60 degrees last weekend. THIS weekend is blustery and cold, however. The snow you see happened yesterday and today; barely a dusting. At least the course froze up and was solid; would be bad to tear up a golf course!

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, smudge said:

at home in Gladstone

Gladstone.  I'm pretty sure I remember driving through there crossing the up on 2 while going to and from the Bear 100 race.  We even stopped one afternoon and rode in the national forest just north of Gladstone.  Next time we are up there you need to show us all the secret places to ride.

This makes me sad.

There's no snow here, and I took the dog for a walk 45 minutes south of here (and 500' higher in elevation) in a State Forest. 

Yeah, they had snow - just enough for the bike. All the while I was walking, I kept thinking "Dammit....I should have brought the bike...."

I had thought about taking it, even though there's no snow here, but since the primary purpose of the adventure was to exercise the dog and he can't really do the bike anymore, I didn't. :(

22 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Gladstone.  I'm pretty sure I remember driving through there crossing the up on 2 while going to and from the Bear 100 race.  We even stopped one afternoon and rode in the national forest just north of Gladstone.  Next time we are up there you need to show us all the secret places to ride.

Well, I can't show you ALL the secret places....! ;)

22 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

since the primary purpose of the adventure was to exercise the dog and he can't really do the bike anymore, I didn't. :(

You're a good Doggie Daddy. :)

21 hours ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

I like how you have a Mini-me, Smudge. :)

I'll be sure to tell her. :D She actually looks more like my Aunt Kathy, my Dad's sister.

20 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

You are adorable, Smudgy.  :wub:

You're so nice:foryou:

• Heart 2