Badly Sprained Back

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

She has your hair!

:D And fortunately she doesn't have my looks!  And even more fortunately her hair isn't thinning, it's growing in.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Her outfit needs a pocket protector.

57 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Where's her toolbelt?

I think I will have trouble keeping up with her, physically and mentally.  She was sitting up by herself and turning herself over as she turned 4 months old, two weeks later she was starting to crawl.   Just a few days ago her Dad was feeding her, and she grabbed the spoon from him and put it in her mouth - messily, but she hit the target time after time. 

And she doesn't just play with her toys, she figures them out.  In that way, she's like my daughter who started reading when she was two.  When we took my daughter to a half-day nursery school program for three year olds, we told the teacher my daughter could read.  The teacher, we could tell, didn't believe us.  Later that day my daughter sat in the classroom with a book turning the pages.  The teacher asked her what she was doing.  My daughter replied "I'm reading."  The teacher said "You mean, looking at the pictures."  My daughter said "No, I'm reading." and then read the page when the teacher asked her to.

• Heart 3

5 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

she's like my daughter who started reading when she was two. 

Heh. My mom taught me to read before kindergarten. When we were in kindergarten orientation I asked her "Why does that sign say 'fire exit' "? She said "Shhh. You're not supposed to know that yet...." :D

• Heart 1