I LOVE my plus bike

Dirtyhip

Very cool DH.  When you get some more miles under your belt on the + bike I'd be interested to hear your take on Fattie, Vs Plus Vs. 29.  Not so much which is "better" as I know different bikes for different applications but maybe some nuances of the different tire sizes and things you like/don't like about each. 

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Very cool DH.  When you get some more miles under your belt on the + bike I'd be interested to hear your take on Fattie, Vs Plus Vs. 29.  Not so much which is "better" as I know different bikes for different applications but maybe some nuances of the different tire sizes and things you like/don't like about each. 

There are different styles of plus bikes.  Mine is a 650b+.  When you install 3.0, it is more like a 29er. The Fuse will take 29er wheels and tires.

Trek has a Stache that is a 29er 3.0.  I imagine that would ride completely different than mine.  Like, better roll over with those monsters installed.

Standover is a real issue for me.  I do not like bikes that come right up to my kooka. This is why I am leaning toward 650b on my stump.  The Pike is to tall that I would have required a small in a 29er.  For really long days, I prefer a bigger bike for comfort. This one probably won't see much over 2+ hours on the bike, per ride.  Stumpy sees all day misery marathons. I am semi interested in getting an Enduro 29er with boost.  I could run 650 mid fat tires on that one, and also have that big suspension to take me to the heights that I like.

Last year, I rode a stumpy fattie6, 650b. It was fun on the downhill. Like a motorcycle in that mode.  The uphill did wear me out more.  I did a 20+ mile ride and was pretty tired.  Wider does create significantly more resistance.  I wonder how this will feel with studs installed. 

Oh, and 650b gets to speed quicker.  29 is great once you get it rolling, but it takes some work to get it to speed.

There are so many bikes.  I want them all.  HAHA

• Heart 1