Freddy The Lizard

ChrisL

I ever show you Freddy?  He came into our house late last year and he was maybe 1/2 long at time. I had never ever seen a lizard that small before.   We put him a 10 gallon tank and fed him baby crickets.  He's about 2" long now and can eat the mid sized crickets.  We also upgraded his tank to a 25 gallon so he has some room to roam. His head is turning white as I think he's getting ready to shed his skin soon. 

Sorry my phone takes crap pictures so he is a little blurry. 

Freddy.jpg

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, 2Far said:

You know it's against Cali nature & wild life regulations to keep native species captive without a license?

Actually it doesn't appear to be the case: 

CAL. CODE REGS. Tit. 14 671 -- Importation, Transportation and Possession of Live Restricted Animals

(7) Class Reptilia - Reptiles

(A) Order Crocodilia - Crocodiles, Caimans, Alligators and Gavials All species (D).

(B) Family Chelyridae - Snapping Turtles All species (D).

(C) Family Elapidae - Cobras, Coral Snakes, Mambas, Kraits, etc. All species (D).

(D) Family Viperidae - Adders and Vipers All species (D).

(E) Family Crotalidae - Pit Vipers All species (D), exceptCrotalus viridis (Western rattlesnake), Crotalus atrox(Western diamondback rattlesnake), Crotalus ruber (red diamondback rattlesnake), Crotalus scutulatus (Mojave rattlesnake), Crotalus mitchelli (speckled rattlesnake) andCrotalus cerastes (Sidewinder) not restricted.

(F) Family Colubridae - Colubrids

1. Dispholidus typus (Boomslang) (D).
  2. Theoltornis kitlandii (Bird or vine snake) (D).

(G) Family Helodermatidae

1. Heloderma suspectum suspectum (reticulate Gila monster) (D).

It doesn't address common lizards.  Also looks like you can keep rattlesnakes?!?!!? 

OK so I've spent way to much time researching this.... Apparently you can capture and keep CA common lizards as long as you have a fishing license and don't exceed the bag limit of 25.   Well I haven't renewed in 2017 but when I caught him last fall I did have a valid CA fishing license so I am so above board in keeping Freddy.  The last CA DFG notice I read also reiterated that keeping rattlesnakes is legal under the same provisions!?!?!  Holy cow no thanks! 

2 Far, you can suck it! You are wrong my man! :P

• Heart 3

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

OK so I've spent way to much time researching this.... Apparently you can capture and keep CA common lizards as long as you have a fishing license and don't exceed the bag limit of 25.   Well I haven't renewed in 2017 but when I caught him last fall I did have a valid CA fishing license so I am so above board in keeping Freddy.  The last CA DFG notice I read also reiterated that keeping rattlesnakes is legal under the same provisions!?!?!  Holy cow no thanks! 

2 Far, you can suck it! You are wrong my man! :P

he went too far with his accusations. :lol: