DH

Parr8hed

He is great. He is really thriving in his position. He ison the medical floor and he has a knack for it. His gentle and kind nature has been appreciated.  He is constantly getting kudos for  people contacting the hospital about the care they received with him or from family members. He does a lot of palliative care. He was approached by supervisors to apply for management. He decided against it. That would remove him from patient contact and increase his work hours to full time. He does 3x12 shift. He loves that schedule. It would have also required call. It was like a clinical supervisor job, I think. He is now exploring being dedicated to the palliative care team. He would round the entire hospital where ever that care is needed.

He bought a couple new bikes recently, and sold a couple. I believe he is very happy in life.

He does have funny stories. I guess the old ladies have taken a liking to him. They complement him all the time about his looks. One patient recently said he s Jesus eyes...whatever that means. Haha

• Heart 4

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Currently, he is charge nurse for his unit as well as preceptor. He doesn't love the precepting. 

I hated precepting.  I just want to do it myself. 

Palliative care would be good for him I think.   It's good to hear that he is digging the job.  Every now and then I would get a Kudo from him on STrava and it always made me wonder how he was doing.

2 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I hated precepting.  I just want to do it myself. 

Palliative care would be good for him I think.   It's good to hear that he is digging the job.  Every now and then I would get a Kudo from him on STrava and it always made me wonder how he was doing.

That job change was perfect for him.  He seems to be a good nurse. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

He decided against it.

An intelligent decision.  I've noticed and found from experience that first level management is the one of the worst jobs.  It typically has far too much responsibility and far too little authority.  It typically encompasses the worst aspects of management and the worst aspects of hourly.

Mrs. TK was in palliative care for about a decade.  That's an extremely difficult field and it takes special talents just to survive, never mind excel.

My best wishes to your husband on success in his career!

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

An intelligent decision.  I've noticed and found from experience that first level management is the one of the worst jobs.  It typically has far too much responsibility and far too little authority.  It typically encompasses the worst aspects of management and the worst aspects of hourly.

Mrs. TK was in palliative care for about a decade.  That's an extremely difficult field and it takes special talents just to survive, never mind excel.

My best wishes to your husband on success in his career!

Thanks.  He decided that his time is worth more than money.  We feel that we are comfortable and have very little stress in our life.  He would have had to work at least 4 days per week in the management job.  He loves working 3 days a week.

We have been saving for another piece of property, but we may just keep investing it.  Rentals can be lucrative and also a huge responsibility.  Maybe just look for other investment vehicles.

Also, the real estate market is getting pretty high again.  We do not want to do what we did last time and buy in a high market.  There is much to consider.

Some of his co-workers were very bummed that he didn't apply.  Some of them want to work for him.  He has a kind personality.  I'm the mean one in our house.  ;)

Thanks, Thad.

• Heart 1

I forgot to mention, lots of new nurses are all hot to trot for ER.  He looked away from some openings there. 

Also, he is not interested in OBG or pediatric nursing.  I am thankful he doesn't want OBG.  I'm afraid he would come home and just be like, I've seen enough crotch today.  HAHA

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I forgot to mention, lots of new nurses are all hot to trot for ER.  He looked away from some openings there. 

Also, he is not interested in OBG or pediatric nursing.  I am thankful he doesn't want OBG.  I'm afraid he would come home and just be like, I've seen enough crotch today.  HAHA

I did 10 years in the ER.  It will drain the life out of you and make you a mean person. 

• Heart 1